Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lovely Spring Nights

Last night, while lying awake reading
I started thinking about how
much I love nights, especially Spring and Summer
 nights in the South...

I don't know exactly why, but I just love them...maybe
it's the quiet all around and hearing the insects
outside while I'm laying in bed reading, which gives a
strange comfort, or if it's the soothing sound of raindrops
hitting the roof during the nighttime Spring showers
we have gotten recently.
Or it might even just be the peacefulness. I love
the peaceful feeling of living towards
the country, getting a nighttime snack and staring out the back
window at the trees at night...
 hearing the crickets,
looking at the moon.
I hope to someday live more out in the country
under the stars with nothing at all around so I can
sit on the back porch at night and have this view!
This is what it looks like in parts of the South where I have
taken roadtrips through and I love it so much.
What would be truly amazing is to sit out on your porch
at night if you lived next to a creek or river, just
taking in the trickling sounds and the peacefulness
of the water.

Mostly I just love nights here because of the quiet, the
feeling in the air, the night skies, and the fact
that everything feels free... like there isn't a care in the
world, like you can just think more clearly...
as a night owl,
 some things I love to do on warm, lovely
nights...
read a good book,
sew or do crafts,
look through old photographs,
talk with someone about life and hopes
and dreams,
look at the moon,
 ponder and think about the day,
 about tomorrow...
dream,
pray,
talk to God.

I love the nighttime and the beauty and serenity
it gives in so many ways...

Sweet dreams, ponderings, and looking at the
moon tonight and every night!

Have a Blessed Day

:)




2 comments:

  1. Awwww...what a sweet post. I agree, there is something special about these Southern evenings. I get very excited when the breezes start blowing in the window just when I am about to fall asleep. Moments like that I think, "life just does not get any better than this." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)
      That is a great point too about the breezes, beautifully put! I can't believe I forgot to mention that. I feel exactly the same way though; it gives you a certain peace and appreciation for life.
      Glad you enjoy the Southern nights and evenings too :)
      Thanks so much for commenting &
      have a beautiful day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...