Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Having done a few Simple Woman's Daybooks now, I have found I love doing them on Sundays especially.  They just feel even more laid back and lovely...
So here is my daybook
FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...
there is a light breeze through the trees, butterflies are landing on our porch and fluttering around in circles.

I am thinking...
about how wonderful it is to be outside.

I am thankful...
for the small things, like being alive, being able to see all the color in flowers and everything around me, and being able to smell wonderful things- candles, blossoms, fruit.

In the kitchen...
My sewing machine is waiting at the edge of the dinner table where I have it set up right now.

I am wearing...
my hair in a bun, socks, cozy Sunday clothes that I put on this morning before we went walking.

I am wondering...
what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow...I can't decide whether I'd enjoy a cloudy, Spring rain shower or a sunny day. Lately I've been liking both.

I am reading...
A Home & Garden magazine I picked up this weekend with lots of great ideas.

I am hoping...
to do something inspiring today :)

I am looking forward to...
seeing the flowers I planted grow, and for next weekend to be here because by then a lot of things I am stressing about will be over and done with!

I am learning...
that faith goes a long way, it really does.

Around the house...
we are doing a little bit of Spring cleaning and tidying up.

I am pondering...
over some places to travel for a family vacation at the start of the summer.

I am praying...
for a restful peacefulness, for my neighbor, my family.

A favorite quote for today...
"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be" -Abraham Lincoln

A few plans for the rest of the week...
sew a new summer blouse, do some studying, get through my doctor's appointment.

A peek into my day...

These are growing along the side of our house, and on the way home from walking this morning I picked one :)  Oh, Sunflowers are so beautiful and cheery!


Thankyou for reading.
Have a beautiful, blessed day!!





4 comments:

  1. Oh, that sunflower is gorgeous. I do love them so.

    I enjoy being outdoors this time of year, too.

    I've always loved that quote by Abraham Lincoln. I think he is right, making up your mind to be happy is key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerralea,
      Thankyou for stopping by! I know, I love sunflowers too... there is something about them that is so beautiful, maybe because they are bigger and brighter than most blooms.
      And I agree, deciding upon happiness is key. Abraham Lincoln was a wise man.
      Thankyou so much for reading and for your kind comment
      & have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. I love that picture! That is just so adorable!

    I enjoy the visual image you painted of the butterflies on your porch. That has been a wonderful part of being in Texas...the butterflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy!
      Thankyou so much for your sweet comment! Glad you're enjoying the butterflies :) They really are a joy to watch and have around you, and there actually seem to be more and more around each year.
      There is some sort of butterfly fest in Texas during Spring that I read about a while back- I bet that would be so neat to go to, there are supposed to be thousands.
      Thankyou for stopping by & I hope you have a lovely day!
      -Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...