Thursday, May 17, 2012

Classic Southern Names

Ever since I was in my first years as a teenager,
I have been interested in names... or rather what is in a name.
Not exactly the meaning of names, although that's also interesting, but
just exploring names from different cultures and what names
seem to fit different people.  It probably started when my
friends and I used to dream about what we would name our future
children as little girls, haha.

In the South, names are seen as very important for different reasons,
which is perhaps why monograms are so popular here.
Growing up here, I love the sound of classic Southern names,
especially those that are old-fashioned, and decided to look
up some to share as well as a few that I know:

Dallas
Jackson
Wyatt
Dean
Vance
Scarlett
Grace
Anna
Charlotte
Virginia
Ruth
Marie
Georgia
Leigh
Magnolia
Clairee
Adelaide
Everett
Jean
Joshua
Tennessee
Beau
Olivia
Emmie
Lucille
Landon
Abigail
Caroline
Rebecca
Lawrence

These are just a few... I do like some over others, but ultimately I think
 it's neat that many classically Southern names can be seen in a variety
of places from films and literature to the bible.

What do you think of Southern names? Or what are
your favorite names, Southern or not?

~Have a Blessed day~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...