Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers

Mothers are meant to be cherished, honored and adored.
The way I was raised, your Mama is the symbol of comfort and home from birth to
forever really... she cares for you and leaves a mark on your heart
for the rest of your life like no one else can.

Today is May 13th and a special day for families and Mothers,
but it is also the day of my Grandma's birthday, and is for me a day for
remembering her.
In her early twenties, as a young Mother
My Grandmother was beautiful, kind, graceful, patient and
probably the most loving woman I have ever known. She was a
true Southern Lady.
I hope to be just like her someday... I looked up to her
so much for her love of life, God, and her children.  My Grandma, who had seven
children of her own, loved children and babies and saw what gifts they were
from the Lord and inspired me to have that same attitude and
see such blessings in children as well as life.
Her life was not easy, but she lived to take care of her family,
was always calm, patient and hospitable and opened up her heart & love
 not only to them, but all of us grandchildren as we have been born.
None of that ever changed for all the years I was
privileged to spend with her.

My Grandma passed away six years ago, and I miss her so much...
but I hold memories of her in my heart, and will always
have her there- the woman, aside from my own Mother, who taught me as
her granddaughter so much about life, about being a lady,
and who was one of the greatest mothers I have ever
had the privilege of knowing.
I love you Grama.

If you're reading this and you are a Mother, I hope your day
is blessed! And if you aren't, may you give thanks for
the mother God gave you and may your day be
 just as wonderful!



2 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet post. Your Grandmother sounds like a wonderful lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy!
      Thankyou so much, I appreciate that. She really was.
      I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day with your family yesterday!

      Thankyou for reading & commenting.
      Have a wonderful evening!
      -Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...