Saturday, June 30, 2012

At the River

I love rivers... there is something about them that makes me feel at peace.
They are beautiful and lovely and make me thankful to be alive, thankful to God that He gave us rivers.
Today I had the privelege of going to the river nearby to sit and relax awhile.
At the place in the river where we were there was a small bridge that ran across.  This was the view standing on the bridge.  It was neat looking straight down at the small perch and little fish swimming through the flowing grass beneath the surface.

The last time we went down by this river, we found this small floating dock and sat on it with our feet in the water.  This time we went straight to the dock, sat on the edge, and did the same.

The water felt so cool.  The water comes from a spring and when I first put my feet in, I almost couldn't take it because it was freezing... but it still felt wonderful and refreshing to feel something so cool in this heat.

I am so glad we had a chance to stop by the river today!
I loved the feeling of being near it.  No matter what river I am near, I am always reminded of 'A River Runs Through It', although the beauty of that river would be hard to beat.


Hope your day has been blessed!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love to sit by a nice river or bubbling brook and try to read. I say "try" as I usually end up watching birds, fish and turtles instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds so heavenly! This makes me want to bring my book next time, but I would probably end up just watching the nature as well. I can see why that would be distracting, with the peacefulness of the surroundings like the birds skimming above the water and such.

      Have a wonderful day,
      Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...