Friday, June 8, 2012

The Joy of Giving!

Today is an exciting day... I am going to a
graduation gathering for one of my closest friends.  We have been best
friends since I can remember, we met around the time we were
two years old. I am so happy for her and to get to be there for her
for this big milestone in her life, especially because it meant the world to me
that she came to support me during mine last year.

I am so thrilled to be seeing her later today, but I think what
will give my heart the most joy is giving her the gift I will
be bringing... She and her sister brought me a lovely gift last year for
my graduation and whenI was trying to get her something a couple weeks ago,
I really couldn't find anything to buy that felt special enough.
So I decided to make something instead... it was kind of like a fun two week project
as I tried to think of the design I wanted to do and added different details
and elements, and I truly enjoyed designing and
making this for her. I hope she likes it!

It is a jewelry box. I purchased it plain and unfinished where it was basically
just the light colored wood with the glass front.  I wanted
to make something beautiful and original for her, so I hand-painted it and
made it special just for her...



 
To make it more personal, I found this wooden 'H' (for Hailey), and
painted it to go on top.  I also added an intricate paper backing to the glass
to add a pretty touch.


To go inside, I got her these pairs of sort of classy, vintage earrings.
Because what is a jewelry box without some jewelry? :)


Just wanted to share this, my latest craft project and gift. 
I had so much fun making it for her.  I love the feeling of giving, whether
it's making someone something they will enjoy or buying them something...
the joy of giving is a gift in itself.
I believe God puts certain people in your life to influence
you positively, people who will always be there and truly care for you.
We have seen eachother through a lot in our relatively short lives
so far, and although tonight is a joyful occasion it is no exception. 
She has been through great tragedy but
always remains strong- I admire that in her so much and I am
so happy to get to support her and celebrate this joyous point in her life with her.

I'm off to go get ready!

Thankyou for reading.
Have a lovely evening :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a beautiful box! Did you paint those vines and everything? I love it!

    Those earrings are just beautiful as well...you have excellent taste my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy!
      Thankyou very much for your compliments!
      Sounds like we have similar tastes!
      And I did paint the vines and the designs on the box :)

      I appreciate your comment!
      Have a great day,
      Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...