Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer is Here!


This painting reminds me very much of Summer.
I love the reflections on the water, the beautiful colors and the calmness
of the scenery, and especially the lighthouse. 
 As of yesterday, it is officially summertime and although
I can't say that I am looking forward to more hot weather,
I do love some things about it.

Summer breezes
They are so refreshing and lovely
in the middle of the day.  Just when you think it the heat is getting
unbearable, a nice breeze comes through at the right moment.

Watermelons!!!
Every fruit is a pleasure during the summer.
They are so juicy and delicious and keep you cool and 
hydrated. Down here, the watermelons and peaches are especially
 wonderful this time of year!

Crops
In the South, especially since I have moved toward
the country, I love the scenery of a beautiful field of crops beneath
a bright blue sky.  I see fields of many different food crops as well as sunflowers,
but a field of grains or cotton is the nicest to look at to me;
at the end of the summer there is a field at the end of our road
 where the cotton blooms and it is so neat to see.

Lemonade, Sweet Tea, and Popsicles!
Good, sweet, refreshing food and drinks are something I
can't get enough of during both spring and summer. With the heat like it is,
you see more kids with popsicles and ice cream cones and more people
in general with an ice cold beverage in hand than any other time of year.
I believe these refreshments are best after a long, hot day outside or while sitting
out on the back porch.

Baseball
Getting out and playing for recreation with my family
is something I enjoy so much, but watching baseball is also a great 
 thing about summer.  I have been to quite a few baseball games over the years-
 it is a tradition in our family and one of my favorite pastimes that I will always
treasure and enjoy and I look forward to it every year.

The Beach
I miss taking trips to the beach so much!  The beach is calling
my family and I and I am hoping we can make a trip there before this
season is over.  We sometimes go in the Fall, but it isn't quite the same.
I long to hear the sound of the waves gently rolling and crashing, the feeling of
 sand between my toes, and laying out on a blanket with the sunshine and
the sea air on me at the same time.

.         .         .

What are you most looking forward to, or not looking forward to,
about Summer being here?

~Have beautiful day~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...