Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I always think of that song whenever
I go on a trip, even if I'm going by car for some reason.
But I really am getting on a plane and leaving on a trip in about
a week!  It became official Sunday when we purchased our flight tickets.

For some reason, everytime we decide to take a trip somewhere far away,
it is never planned.  The idea came up only about a week or so
ago, and nothing was set in stone until we bought the tickets...
So in about a week I am off to Colorado!
I am excited we are going to be seeing family and visiting the sights, but
everytime I go to Colorado I have one issue: getting on the plane.
It's something that scares me, and not just scares me, but sort of haunts me
every day until the day comes when I actually have to get on the plane.
And then when it's over, I always say "That wasn't bad at all, it was actually
kind of fun".  Except I never seem to remember that leading up to
the flight.
I am sort of excited because it's a 6 a.m. flight and for some reason doing
things like this and waking up at some ungodly hour, like 4 in the morning,
makes something all the more exciting.
Yet I can't kick my fear.  And if I have an anxiety attack, my guess is
that they won't stop the plane for me :/

source: the pioneer woman 'confessions' blog
I was reading one of my favorite blogs recently, the Pioneer Woman,
who shared this photograph she took on a plane soon after taking off.
It takes my breath away, and the thought of seeing something so majestic and beautiful
-even if I don't see anything quite this wonderful myself- does make me feel
more motivated to get on a plane.  I almost feel that if I saw a view like this
out the window, I might be so awe-struck I'll forget about my fear.

These are just some thoughts I have had about the plane ride and the trip throughout
the last couple of days.  For now, I will just keep my mind busy by packing
and planning and focusing on the fun I we'll have once we land.
.    .     .

What are your thoughts on flying?
Any recommendations on how to feel calm about flying?
Are you taking any trips this Summer?
.    .     .

Have a blessed day!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Wah-hoo! A trip! Just think of all the fun photos you will get to take, all the things you will have to blog about, all the memories you will have...

    I have only flown a few times when my boys were babies and then once for business. When my boys were babies, I did not have one second to really think about it. The business trip I just remember flying at night, sleeping and waking up to a glorious sunrise and my ears popping coming down. Then the bustle of the airport. I don't like crowds...ugh.

    I have flown in little planes (four seaters) and they are sort of scary, but the big ones are not too bad. Maybe you need a ride in the little plane and then you can compare them. I have it...marry a pilot! Then you will know and you won't have to pay anything. LOL! (just kidding)

    We are hopefully going to drive down to Corpus Christie this fall. I miss the ocean... and the Gulf is as close as we are going to be for awhile. The boys enjoy playing and trying to dig up crabs and mussles. The puppy was scared of the waves last year (Galveston) and broke her leash running away. I could not even chase her as I was laughing so hard! Poor thing...I hope she will be better this year.

    Have fun on your trip and be sure to tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy,
      Thankyou so much for your lovely comment! I love reading long comments especially :)
      Haha, I don't think your solution to getting over my flying fear is a bad idea actually... now I have to start looking for an unmarried pilot, hehe. I'm sure that would actually help a lot if I were in planes often. And I have flown in those little four-seater planes too. Not fun, I know. I believe the ones I'll be in are 3 seats on each side which is better, thank goodness.
      I'm the same way about crowds by the way, which is another thing that makes me nervous about travelling. I'll get past it somehow I hope. Oh, I can't imagine flying with babies- that was probably tough? Especially when their little ears pop and they all start crying; that seems to happen everytime I see a baby on a plane, poor things.
      Oh, a trip to the coast is always fun! If your going to be around the Corpus Christi area, you should visit Port Aransas. I don't know if you have been there, but it has a fun atmosphere and of course there's the beach there too. Haha, the same thing happened with my dog on the beach a few years ago, must be something about the waves. Well, hope you and your family have a lovely trip come fall time!

      Thankyou, I hope to have a fun time and to take lots of pictures to share. Maybe time up in the mountains will give me a good story to share when I get back too ;)

      Have a great day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...