Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Day in Pictures: Small Town Fun & Scenery

Today has been so blessed and so much fun.
We just got back from our day trip to a small, quaint town a little
West of here and hit a good few of the antique shops, walked around, and best
of all... spent some time down at the river. Here are some of the
photos from the day :)

I loved the feel of the town when we first got there... I have been there before
but it has been about 12 years or so, so I was really young. 
As soon as we got out of the car,
the cool breeze from the river nearby felt lovely.
The town was also busy and decorated up for the 4th festivities.

Walking across the bridge, which had banners hung up, on our way to
the town square.

Everywhere you looked, the trees were giant.  They were so beautiful
and old, like this one and the one next to it, growing just near the bridge-
the circumference of the trunk was amazing.

The view looking down from the bridge.

The long front porch shared by a few of the shops on the main
part of the square. You know you're in a small, Southern town when
you find somewhere like this with people taking time to sit on a bench
or in a rocker and just watch the world go by.
This is also where I sat to eat this...


I was so excited to find this old-fashioned ice-cream shop!  It was sort of a mix
between that and a candy shoppe, and they also had popcorn.
It was so neat.  I decided to get a cone of Blue Bell Peach ice cream!
So heavenly, it had chunks of actual peach in it. 


One of the first antique shops we went into had this sweet little porch
swing out front.  I loved it.

Inside were some of the neatest things, like old photographs (which I bought a
few of, they were so historical and interesting!), furniture, quilts,
and best of all... clothing (like this 50s dress), hats and shoes.  I failed to photograph them,
but one of my favorite finds today in this shop was a pair of black velvet vintage
shoes that looked to be from the 20's.

A beautiful vintage hat I found; it was so elegant and beautiful
and even had a shimmery gold fabric for the lining up inside.

A lovely 40s or 50s dress...
as with the hat, I love to see and feel vintage things and not only
admire their beauty but try to imagine what type of person loved and
wore that certain piece.



 Before we had to leave (sadly), what I truly enjoyed was walking down
to the edge of the river.  I wanted to get in and swim, but we had no suit.  I hope to
go back before the season is over, though, and maybe swim or canoe to
really enjoy it.
Sitting by this river was so wonderful and it is one of the prettiest, most clear
and lovely rivers I have seen. 
It was uniquely beautiful in that it also had a long line of
trees on either side of the water's edge, creating a high and
 picturesque canopy of trees over the water.

Seeing the sun reflecting on the water, hearing and seeing the splashes as
kids jumped into the water, and just enjoying being there made
me think: this is what summer is really about.

.           .           .
  
 The drive there and back was nice too... we passed my favorite
kinds of landscape with farms and ranches and hill-country all around.

.         .           .

I am thankful for such an enjoyable day of fun experiencing
small-town history, feel, and scenery!
My only regret is not wearing enough sunblock ;)

Thank you for reading.
Enjoy a blessed day!!




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that green dress...oh how pretty and I bet you would look stunning in it!

    Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. That last one of the river is just beautiful.

    Happy Independence Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy,
      Thankyou so much for your kind comment! I couldn't help falling in love with that dress either! And how sweet of you; I would have loved to take it home and find out ;)
      So glad you enjoyed looking at the pictures.

      Hope you had a wonderful 4th as well,
      and have a great day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...