Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Daybook



MY DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...
I hear the birds chirping, the kitties who frequently visit our back porch are snoozing sweetly, and it is overcast (maybe some rain later today?)

I am thinking...
about what we are going to make for dinner tonight with the things we bought on our grocery run today.  I believe I heard something about potato salad, mmm!

I am thankful...
for prayer, and always will be, because when I just don't feel like talking to anyone about a problem, I can talk to God at anytime of day or night about anything and everything and feel a little better.

In the kitchen...
we have all just finished putting away the groceries, and lunch is being made.

I am wearing...
casual pants and a souvenir shirt I got in Colorado a few years back, and my hair is up off my neck in a bun.

I am creating...
sketches.  I have missed sketching and just started up again a couple of days ago.

I am going...
to try and read my book tonight before I have to turn it in to the library tomorrow.

I am wondering...
a very simple thing actually: what color to paint my nails.

I am reading...
two books about pioneer America that I am really enjoying; that subject has really come to interest me in the past year or so.

I am hoping...
to go play tennis again soon.

I am looking forward to...
the weekend, shopping and preparing for our trip.

I am learning...
about making the best decision possible in a situation.

Around the house...
we just clipped a few of the herbs out of our garden.

A favorite quote for today...
"The True way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes, and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

One of my favorite things...
doing and finishing a cross word puzzle- it's stress relieving :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
pack and plan for Colorado and sew.

A peek into my day...

Newly organized sewing patterns.  We used a vintage picnic basket to put them in.

~   ~   ~

Thankyou for reading.
Have a blessed and beautiful day!

:)

3 comments:

  1. I loved your whole post especially your I am thankful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pat,
      Thankyou for reading my daybook and for your kind
      comment :)

      Have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. You find doing cross word puzzles stress relieving? You must be very good at them because they make me go a little crazy! :)

    At any rate, I enjoyed reading your thoughts, especially the thought about prayer. It's one of the things I am learning - to talk and pray to God openly when I'm feeling "stuck" in a certain season or challenge in life. It's not always easy, but I'm working on it.

    I like how you have organized your vintage sewing patterns, and I was not aware that you did sketch drawings. You can sew and draw (and let's not forget your wonderful cooking skills :)! You are one talented lovely lady, indeed! :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...