Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bookstores


Yesterday I had the privelege of doing something that many people might find
dull, but something I enjoy... sitting in a bookstore.
Barnes and Noble to be exact.  We had driven into the city and I decided to have a
relaxing few hours to read and relax and think, because the cozy feeling of
bookstores that I so love allows for that.

I walked in and headed for an open, cozy, cushy chair right in front of the
magazines. I am always ecstatic to spend time in a bookstore because you can learn
 so much and read up on any subject you would like to learn about... although
 yesterday  the magazines seemed to interest me quite a bit.
If the bookstores near you are anything like mine, then you are probably amazed
 by the  number of magazines there are like I am... I had never thought about it
until  yesterday when I was sitting there near the end of the wall of magazines
and I looked down to the other end of the wall- there were more magazines than
 I could probably ever count.   

Looking around me, while writing a letter I brought with me to finish to one of my
dearest friends, and later looking at a Southern lifestyle and home magazine (from the large
section right in front of me), I noticed other people sitting nearby.  It has always interested me
to see others around me and see what they are reading, what interests they
appear to have... just out of curiosity.  Some people surprise
you with their reading material.
The bookstore is such a cozy, lovely place to me.  Everyone is doing something
they enjoy that is relaxing, there is no stress or loud noises, and you can enjoy
a nice drink or snack while you read.  A woman to my left who was there for about
half an hour opened and started a brand new book while also opening a chocolate bar,
while a young man a little ways away looked very happy to be sipping on a coffee,
while I brought a tea for myself.

I didn't walk in with a total lack of purpose: I was there to do the important annual job of
picking out and purchasing a new day-planner for my upcoming year of studies!
They had some beautiful designs and options to choose from.  These four were very
nice and I thought I had limited it down to just these- however, I ended up leaving
with a completely different one that I picked in the last few minutes.
It is very pretty with a purple, nature theme going on.

~
One of my favorite magazines I had a chance to read while there is 'Southern Lady'. 
 It makes me feel at home and I can easily get lost in it's elegant articles and photographs. 
The last page of each issue always has an enlightening quote. 
I enjoyed this one yesterday and thought the
background was the picture of summer loveliness.  What is more relaxing
and heavenly than reading in a hammock!?  I imagine there is also a wonderful
summer's breeze in the place in this photo.

~
Those are my musings on the simple subject of bookstores and the time I
spent in one yesterday ;)

Thankyou for reading.
Wishing you a blessed Wednesday!!

7 comments:

  1. I love bookstores! We found a hidden wonder land in the little town of Taylor, TX. It is dank, dark, and musty with rows upon rows and stacks of books everywhere. Most of them were antiques and I have no idea how that man stays in business with as dusty as everything was...but the selection was amazing. I just for the life of me cannot remember the name of the store... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy,
      Thankyou so much for your lovely comment! I badly want to find this bookstore you have told me about. It sounds so cozy and wonderful and I love how you described it; it sounds like one of those delightfully aged bookstores you see only on film sets :) I enjoy the bookstores with a great variety and that are large and spacious, but the best ones are those 'dusty', old, gems. If you remember the name or come across it again, I hope you will share. I haven't really spent time in Taylor, but it would be worth a drive to explore such a place.

      Have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. You're not the only one who loves bookstores. I love to peruse them as well when I have a chance. When I was in college, I used to love to sit in the library and look at a variety of books that were interesting to me. In the library, I love the quietness it offers, where one can think and reflect.

    Sounds like you had a delightful time at the bookstore. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mara!
      Thankyou for your comment and for visiting! I'm happy to hear from another bookstore lover. I love that you mention the quietness and allowance for thought and reflection in bookstores and libraries... that is so true, and perhaps one of the most amazing aspects of entering one :)

      Have a blessed evening,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. Hey Jazzmin! You have quite a lovely blog. Thanks for sharing the link with me! I LOVE your dress!! You did an awesome job! What are you planning on sewing next??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, lol. Just realized I put this comment on the wrong post. Oh well! Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. Hi Tessa!
      Thankyou so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment :) I'm so glad you like my dress!! I'm not sure what I'll be sewing next, I need to look more through my patterns... maybe a blouse.

      Have a blessed day <3

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...