Friday, August 31, 2012

Looking Forward...

This week has been one of those weeks where you feel like you barely have time to breathe.  But not in a bad way... it hasn't been a bad week at all, just a busy one!  Sometimes, I feel that in times like those in life, the one thing that can bring a little balance and happiness is focusing on the simple things.  I have written about this before in brief, but I wanted to share an aspect of "the simple things" that I especially am thankful for: Looking forward to things in life.

It is such a blessing to be able to look forward to something!  I know I have taken this foregranted in the past myself; it really is something that is entirely so simple you can easily forget about how wonderful it is...  and things I love looking forward to are sometimes exciting bigger things I am awaiting, or even the smallest of the small ones that bring joy or refreshment.

So, on that thought, I thought a beautiful Friday afternoon (TGIF!) would be a nice time to just share some things I have been and currently am looking forward to....

1.  This Labor Day weekend!
2.  Baking my first apple pie over the weekend (out of my Southern cookbook)!
3.  Getting to catch up on my book
4.  Writing in my journal
5.  Receiving a letter :)
6.  Seeing my prayers answered
7.  Cooking with my family tonight
8.  Taking a nap
9.  Changing my calendars for the new month tomorrow
10.  Looking for neat things to photograph
11. FALL!

...I'm not sure why I stopped at or went up to 11, but those are just a few things I am looking forward to!  I'm so glad getting to do so is a part of life; I can't imagine how it would be otherwise.
.                  .                .                 .

What are you looking forward to??

.                 .                .                  .

Have a beautiful Friday & a great weekend!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I look forward to hearing how your apple pie works out! I have not made an apple pie...ever. My grandmother always makes them, but she has a "secret" recipe that will most likely go to the grave with her. Actually, I think she just throws everything together and has been doing it for so long that it is second nature and there actually is no recipe. :)

    I am looking forward to a "cold front" that is supposed to be coming in week after next. I am SO ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy!
      Ooh, old family secret recipes for pies are the best to have. I wish I had one, but I don't that I know of... we'll see how it turns out, I'm sure I'll share a post about it and the recipe.

      I haven't yet heard about the cold front. I'm sure I will on the news tonight though... hope we both get some good cold air from that! I couldn't agree with you more, I don't think I've ever been more ready for one. It's hard to know down here, too, when it will actually start feeling like Fall... probably not as soon as we'd like.

      Thankyou for your comment &
      I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...