Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn Daybook


It's a beautiful Monday afternoon and I feel like writing a Simple Woman's Daybook to share a few thoughts from my day.  I decided to use a different picture just for a change :)

Outside my window...
a kitty is sound asleep on one of the lawn chairs, the air is fairly still, and the sun is just coming out after two days of overcast, chilly weather that I am wishing would never go away.

I am thinking...
about how pure and wonderful fruit is, as I got to eat an apple earlier.  I had not had one in so long and I have missed my Granny-smiths.

I am thankful...
for God's way of allowing us to learn life lessons in unexpected ways and places.

In the kitchen...
a few ingredients are lying out on the counter for a potential recipe for supper.

I am wearing...
a sweatshirt, dark jeans, and new socks.  I felt like getting in relaxing clothes when I got home this afternoon, so I don't have anything fancy on... but I still have on my earrings- I almost always have earrings on because I believe they can make you feel feminine and pretty no matter how you are dressed at the moment.

I am creating...
sketches, for fun and practice.

I am wondering...
when a few of the seasonal decorating catalogs I have ordered will be in.

I am reading...
about slavery and American History for my studies and still working on my novel that I have had not really had a chance to read lately.

I am hoping...
that the weather will be exactly as it was this morning for the whole season- cloudy and refreshingly brisk.  Weather that makes you feel lively.

I am looking forward to...
going out to eat as a family in one of my favorite little towns on Friday.

I am learning...
or rather trying to learn to not worry so much.

I am praying...
for those worries I can't let go of to be eased, for health and happiness of my family and others.

A favorite quote for today...
"Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased. Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken. But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain forever".

A few plans for the rest of the week...
go to the craft store, mail letters, go for a walk, dinner out Friday!

A peek into my day...

With this chill in the air, we had a reason to light our fireplace yesterday.  I love the coziness of being near the hearth and the warmth that radiates from it.


Thankyou for reading.
Hoping your day is wonderful! 


4 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to read your daybook thoughts today. I really loved that quote. Where did you find it? The weather is starting to become cooler here as well. I also enjoy cool, brisk weather as long as it's not freezing cold. :)

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your comment Mara! Im so glad you enjoyed my daybook thoughts. I found my day's quote on a website, which I cannot remember the name of, that I came across through a search on quotes about heart.
      And I agree about the weather... Although in the part of the South I live in the temperatures are always warm so a freeze day here and there is not minded, hehe. Enjoy the weather where you are :)

      Hope you are well, have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. We have had a few fires in the fireplace also. it's not really quite cold enough for it yet though. I am ready for the autumn to be in full swing now too. I don't want it to go down to winter temps yet but I love this time of year. We were hit by Sandy and lost power for a day but it wasn't cold at all here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kara,
      Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my daybook :) I know just what you mean, fires in the fireplace are so cozy but it hasn't been very cold here either. We get small cold snaps and chillier days that sort of tease us and then a week of warm days again. Let's wish for it to feel like Autumn full time very soon.

      I am so sorry to hear you were effected by Sandy. The devastation I've seen on the news is so sad. I sincerely hope you and your family are alright.

      Thankyou for commenting.
      God Bless & have a wonderful day,
      Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...