Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

Thought I'd share a wonderful recipe I tried recently for Peanut butter cookies!  I mentioned it in my last post and am finally getting the chance to share... these are some amazing cookies in my book.
Our family really loved them.  And if you don't burn one of the batches like I accidentally did, haha, then they should all come out like the majority did- soft, chewy, and just delicious.

Here is the full recipe taken from my Southern Hall of Fame recipe book I love so much:

Peanut Butter Cookies
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs

Instructions:
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.  Cream butter and
margarine with mixer until light and fluffy.  Add brown sugar
and vanilla.  Beat well.  Beat in eggs.
Add dry, sifted ingredients and beat well.
You can bake these spread in 8x8 baking pan and cut afterward,
or make drop cookies. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.


If you want an extremely quick and simple cookie recipe, this is a great one to try.  It took hardly any time to prepare, was very simple to follow, and most importantly they were delicious.

And of course a cookie is always just that much better with a cold glass of milk :)



After creaming the peanut butter and butter, I added in the brown sugar.  I like packing the brown sugar into a measuring cup.  I feel like a child in the kitchen sometimes because I enjoy the simple things like pouring sugar and adding in chocolate chips, things like that.  I used light brown sugar.  It is so good... and it's nice to use brown sugar for a change when it seems like every recipe calls for white and I just love that it gives more of that chewiness to cookies :)


This is how the mix looked right before I added in the last of the dry ingredients.  After I mixed those in, it only thickened up a little more than this.  This recipe doesn't really make a cookie dough... when  I saw it wasn't that thick I got nervous that I had done something wrong, but they ended up turning out delicious!


I decided to make drop cookies and baked them on our baking stone.
And I grew up with homemade peanut butter cookies always having those little fork lines impressed on the tops, so I did that too :)


If you bake these cookies, I trust you'll love 'em just as much as we did!

Thankyou for reading :)

~

Happy baking & have a blessed day!!



2 comments:

  1. I read this post the other day and didn't leave you a comment - shame on me.

    I just wanted to say that these cookies look real good! I haven't made peanut butter cookies in a long time. I really can't have alot of sweet now, but this recipe really made my mouth water. :)

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara!
      Thankyou for your comment, I am glad the cookies look good to you! I understand what you mean about sweets- I have blood sugar problems and am pretty easily effected by high doses of sugar, but unlike with more sugary cookies I ate a few too many of these and felt fine. So I think these cookies are less sugary than most if you end up making them :)

      I always love reading your comments, thankyou for stopping by!
      Have a blessed day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...