Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fall in Our Home

It is hard to believe how quickly this week has gone by and that tomorrow is already Friday!  I feel like we were just in the kitchen preparing our turkey and desserts and that was already a week ago.
This has been a lovely week in many ways and today I am feeling particularly thankful and excited about a few things...
An amazing dinner last night (homemade pizza!) and another planned for tonight, faith and inspirations I am finding, a day of chillier weather, and having my hair cut!  I got it cut yesterday and it is shorter than it has been in a few years, mostly because it had not been trimmed in so long and it needed to be refreshed.  It was almost to my hip yesterday and is now at my middle back, which feels short to me but also feels great :)

Another thing I am excited and thankful for... that it is almost time to start decorating for the Winter!
I am finding so much inspiration and many neat ideas that I hope to use.  Sometime next week will probably be the time when we take down our Fall things and start to put up things for the upcoming season... Although I am excited for that, I have loved having our cozy and beautiful Fall pieces around our house.  They have made our home feel warmer and truly gave the feeling of elements of Fall being inside.

Our decorations are pretty simple and most of the inspiration for them came from decorating boards, small accents out of my Southern magazines with all their beautiful and inspirational pages, as well as from just walking up and down the aisles of the craft store- which is probably my favorite way to get ideas.
... So while they are still up, I thought I would take a moment through a few different shots to share the decorations that have been out for Fall in our home this year!


 
 

Lucie enjoying a cozy spot in front of the fire

The fireplace is such a nice thing to decorate, probably my favorite.  For all of it's décor, I found the glittery leaves at the craft store at the beginning of the season and thought they would look nice placed together.  Those are hot glued onto the brick.
Later in the season and more recently, I purchased the garland that lies across the top which I love for it's Fall colors and the way it fills up the space.  I also placed a few pinecones in it and some acorns from our tree out front.
The hearth is decorated with a combination of candles placed together, lights, and pumpkins.  I love decorating with pumpkins.


 
I don't believe I had ever seen these velvet pumpkins before this year, but I think they are so pretty.  When I found this one at a discount and brought it home I thought it looked nice next to the real and decorative pumpkins on the fireplace.



Our dinner table has this extremely simple Fall decoration, a wreath of leaves with a candle in the center, but it's simplicity is nice.  We just added this vintage doily runner beneath.  The colors of the leaves in this centerpiece are so cheery when we eat breakfast at the table.
 
 
Those are the Fall pieces that have found a home in our home this season.
I love decorating in general, but there is a beauty and a cozy, homey satisfaction that comes with decorating for these seasons.  God made them beautiful, so why not bring some of their colors inside to enjoy as well!
 
Are you excited to decorate for the upcoming season?
 
.      .      .
 
Thankyou for reading.
Happy decorating!
 
Have a beautiful day!


4 comments:

  1. Your fireplace looks very nice. I love the idea of a velvet pumpkin ... I haven't seen any in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerralea,
      Thankyou for your kind comment, I enjoyed adding little decorations to our fireplace bit by bit to add some Fall-ness! And I really like the look of velvet pumpkins too. I think they are a newer decorating item, but the first place I saw them was at Hobby Lobby.

      Thankyou for visiting and reading
      and hope you have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. Hi Jazzmin,

    Your decoratios are lovely and I really like the simplicity of them. I think the leaves hot glued onto the brick is a brilliant idea. My mom uses hot glue for a lot of things in her home :) And your doily runner is so beautiful! I am very excited about getting my home ready for Christmas. I have been busy in my craft room and have plenty set aside for decorating :) Thank you for sharing your pictures - I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thankyou so much for your lovely comment! I appreciate your words, I got the idea to hot glue the leaves on the brick because I was originally going to hang them but wanted a way to display them without strings instead. I can see why your mom uses it for projects, it is so handy!
      It really is exciting to be getting our homes ready for the new season. Decorating for seasons is such a joy! I'm sure the things you are making are just beautiful and I can't wait to see more of your ideas and crafts if you share them!

      Thankyou so much for reading and your kindness and I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.
      Blessings!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...