Thursday, November 22, 2012

"In Every Thing Give Thanks"...

 
Earlier this week after supper my family and I were watching a program about the Dust Bowl.  I read John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath in school and it wasn't bad, I liked the Southern and country notes in it and it was interesting in the way it gave a personal look into that time in America.  I thought about that book while we were watching that and I really got to see a side of the hardships that people endured like I had never before...  it made me remember what I had read and ultimately reminded me how thankful I should be for everything in my life... even the smallest things that the families in the Dust Bowl would have been so grateful for.  Just for a little something to eat everyday and for having shelter. For a drop of rain.

I truly believe that no matter what you are struggling through in life, there is always something to be thankful for.  Today is of course the day of the year when thankfulness is most on everyone's minds, so here are a few things I am thinking of now that I am so grateful for. 

I am thankful...

~To have been given life, to have breath in me
~For the core parts of my life that make me feel blessed: faith, family, friends, food
~For the small joys and excitements in each day
~For prayer
~For God's grace
~For the dreams and goals that have been put upon my heart
~For my roots and the way I was raised
~For the gift of friendship
~For the beautiful earth
~For nature- breezes, trees, the sun coming up everyday, beautiful skies
~That there are babies and children
~For moments and precious memories
~To have a roof over my head
~For my parents and how hard they have worked to provide for me
~For love and a sense of belonging
~For everything that is inspiring
~For medicine
~That God created sweet animals
~For my dog who can put a smile on my face no matter what
~For the unique and beautiful seasons!
~For every blessing I have ever had


I reflect on these things as I sit comfortably in our living room, full and content and with family close, all of which I am thankful for as well.  It has been such a wonderful day... it means different things to many: a day of thanks, food, family, football and even getting ready for a day of shopping tomorrow... but in the end the thing that matters most is who you spend your day and meal with and all the blessings and moments that happen along the way.  Yet another thing to be thankful for!  And not just today but everyday.

Hope your day has been blessed and wonderfully spent!!

What are you thankful for?


God Bless

:)


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree - there is always something you can find to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You have a lovely blog, so warm and inviting :) You are absolutely right, there is always something to be thankful for. This year I have been reminded that I need to be thankful everyday, not just around Thanksgiving time. I am thankful for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, forgiveness, a sweet husband and son, a warm home and much more :) Thank you for this beautiful post. Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!
      Thankyou so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment! Your kind words mean a lot to me. Thankyou for sharing what you are thankful for also- those are wonderful and meaningful things to give thanks for! Such blessings in life are so graciously given to us and I agree that it is important to be thankful every day :)

      Have a beautiful day.
      Blessings!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...