Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Night

As I write, it is a drizzly, cozy New Year's Eve night.  I am smelling our new Peppermint Dream candle (heavenly!), happily watching the classic Twilight Zone marathon, hearing the series of crackling noises of the fireworks in the distance, and...

it is almost 2013!

I'm not sure of the times around the world, but I know that on the East Coast it is actually already the new year!!  Here in this part of the South, though, we have about fifty minutes until we ring in the new year.
I am excited for new beginnings and all the things that come with the start of a new year...

Hanging new and fresh calendars!

Starting a brand new devotional!

Learning new and wonderful things!

Enjoying another year of blessings and time with family, and building friendships!

Planning new trips and adventures with my family for the new year!

Having a new year of opportunity to find encouragements, encourage others, and give of myself!

...and so much more that I am too excited to think of :)


I have been thinking a lot about what should be my new year's resolution... I guess it is one of those things you start to give thought to prior to the actual coming of a new year.  I have never been the type of person to make a resolution about losing twenty pounds or dieting or making it to a destination or anything completely specific.
This year I am making a sort of specific resolution, though, and another that is not.
~My first is to be healthier all around- walk more often, eat more fruits and vegetables, take my vitamins, and take care of myself.
~My second and most important is to grow in my walk with the Lord.  And going along with that, I would like to accomplish the one specific goal of reading the entire bible by the end of 2013.

What is your new year's resolution?


I am so thankful for this year and all the blessings and joys that I have experienced over the past twelve months, and am so excited to see what 2013 brings! 
A fresh, new year is, I think, one of the most exciting times because it marks the start of a mystery... and in one way it can be hard to not know what lies ahead, but so much more than that is the excitement in that unknown of wondering how God is going to work in your life this year!


I wish you the most WONDERFUL new year!!  If this past year was filled with amazing moments then I hope you have more in the new year.  If this past year was filled with heartache or struggles, then I pray your new year is the opposite.  May it be blessed and bring you joys and everything good in your faith, family, and your life as a whole.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...