Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Daybook

Happy first day of December!
Last month passed by in the blink of any eye (I rhymed!) and had some wonderfully blessed days and moments, but I am so happy that December is here!
Winter time is almost upon us.  The start of December always feels like the start of Winter to me, but even though it really is not it will be here in just a few weeks!
Are you excited about the new season on it's way?!

I woke up today with a feeling of delight just knowing the new month is here and thought what better way to begin it than writing my thoughts in a Simple Woman's Daybook entry.
Here are my daybook thoughts for this first day of December...

 
FOR TODAY
 
Outside my window...
The sky is a clear and bright blue, a light breeze is blowing and picking up the leaves on the ground, and I can see our front tree from where I sit, which has lost almost all its leaves.
 
I am thinking...
I need to turn our thermostat up.  It is about 15 degrees colder inside our house than it is outside and I am cold.
 
I am thankful...
for the legacy left by those before us, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles, and how their lives and qualities and the values they taught us and that were instilled in us remain even after they are gone.  It is a beautiful way to remember them, seeing pieces of them inside ourselves.
 
In the kitchen...
my book of Southern recipes is opened to a recipe for new a dessert I hope to bake this afternoon.  If it turns out good I will surely share it :)
 
I am wearing...
a comfy sweatshirt and pants because I am cold and cozy and still haven't quite gotten all the way dressed for the day.
 
I am creating...
nothing right now, but I will be taking out a bag of craft items when I get everything I need to do today done.  Hopefully this will give me some ideas.
 
I am going...
nowhere today.  I was invited to a cooking/baking party held today by my Aunt but unfortunately couldn't make it.
 
I am wondering...
when it is going to be cold again.  Today it is in the high 70's.  Oh Southern weather loves to tease.
 
I am reading...
a chapter for my studies on nutrition and food.
 
I am hoping...
to get a letter from my Grandma soon.  It's only been a couple of weeks since I last wrote her, but I miss it.
 
I am praying...
prayers of and for things on my mind and heart and prayers of thankfulness.
 
I am looking forward to...
some quiet personal reading and journaling time over this weekend.
 
I am learning...
(and being comforted by) the importance of waiting on God's timing in all things and how much that plays into Faith.
 
Around the house...
I just went around and changed all the calendars for the month, a simple thing I always get excited about.
 
I am pondering...
over an exhibit I visited yesterday morning that had some beautiful works of photography and art on the Southwest.  It was neat to see.
 
One of my favorite things...
the pure beauty of the country: horses, ranches, windmills, fields, hay-bales, big open skies.
 
A favorite quote for today...
"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire; it is the time for home." -Edith Sitwell
 
A peek into my day...
A couple of our calendars, turned to the month of December with such pretty, snowy winter scenes!

 
Those are my daybook thoughts for today.
 
Wishing you a blessed and wonderful weekend!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I love turning the calendar pages too to see the new pictures of the month. Your calendar pics are lovely! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading my daybook post! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds joy in changing the calendars for the new month. It really is a simple joy to see a new, pretty photo or painting every month!

      Thankyou for leaving a comment.
      Hope you have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. I loved the photo of the barn and Cardinal.....enjoyed reading your daybook.....I looked at the weather channel this morning and believe it will be mostly warm until around the 9th of the month....of course that could all change...
    Have a good week and send some of that dessert our way (on second thought, don't as I'm dieting again, ha)
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mama Bear,
      Thankyou so much for reading my daybook thoughts! I hope the 9th does bring some wintery weather, I had not looked that far ahead in the forecast yet. You must be in the South too if it's pretty warm where you are. I'm a little jealous of the Northerners right now, like up in Colorado where it's been snowing awhile. We'll get our turn though, hopefully :)

      Thankyou for your comment, hope you have a good week as well!
      And a beautiful day!

      Delete
  3. I too am thankful for the previous generations in my family...the people who were Christians and who read books for example...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      Thankyou so much for reading and for your comment... I thankyou for sharing that, what a beautiful thing to be thankful for. I share that same feeling and am grateful to God for those people within families who set the foundation for spiritual and good lives for the generations to come- us.

      Have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  4. What a delightful post! My son and I also love changing the calendars :) And I love your winter quote :) Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely Monday.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thanks so much for reading my daybook thoughts :) That's so sweet you and your son like getting to change the calendars- I never thought about it, but what a fun and simple thing to do with a child, a simply joy to give them to look forward to every month.

      I truly appreciate all your kind, lovely comments!
      Have a beautifully blessed day and a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I haven't posted a Daybook in a long time, but I did today. Yours is the first December Daybook I've read, and I enjoyed it very much! I liked what you said about seeing some of our loved ones in us. The calendar picture of the barn is very pretty. Have a wonderful week! ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I'm so glad you enjoyed my daybook and the winter barn scene. I love winter scenes like those and am excited to have it up all month.

      Thankyou so much for stopping by, reading and commenting :)
      Have a beautiful day!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  6. This is the kind of Daybook I love to read! You are so blessed to have grandparents and other relatives to leave a beautiful legacy for you. That's a great quote too...I'm going to copy it down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      Thankyou so much for your comment and for reading my daybook! Your words are so kind and I'm glad you enjoyed the quote as well. It definitely puts you in the winter spirit, even if the weather doesn't quite feel like it yet.

      Have a blessed day!
      ~Jazzmin



      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...