Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sharing Some Sweetness


In my last Daybook, I mentioned I was going to try out a new dessert recipe I had never made before.  That evening I baked that recipe, brownies, and our family has been enjoying them...  I think they are delicious with all the wonderful ingredients!  I am still trying to use self control in how much sugar I eat, but I have had 1 or 2 of these for the past couple of days and haven't felt the sugar rush that too rich brownies usually give... so maybe these aren't as dangerous!
And they taste especially great with a glass of milk, like most things I think ;)
 
I started out making this recipe as it was given, but then I got an idea of how to make it even more delicious... adding a little something extra into the batter.  I looked for something to chop up and add and chose from what we had in our pantry, Butterfinger. Yum.
So many chocolates or candies would taste wonderful mixed into these brownies so if you would rather have something else instead I am betting it would taste wonderful...
 
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
2-3 mini Butterfinger bars
(chopped to your liking)
 
Directions:
Melt butter and stir cocoa into it.
Beat eggs and sugar together in separate bowl and then
add butter and cocoa mixture.  Mix and add remaining
ingredients.
For the extra touch of your favorite candy, chop
however finely you would like it and then add most
of what you have into actual batter and mix altogether.
Grease about a 2 inch deep square or round pan and
pour in batter.  Then take what is left of your chocolates
or candies and sprinkle/spread on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes
and enjoy!
 
Finished batter.

Chopped up candy.

 
These are different from any brownie I have ever had in that they are lighter in richness and heaviness, although they definitely don't sacrifice taste.  They are also lighter in color.  Another thing that makes them different is how moist they are... almost a cake like brownie and so moist that I wasn't sure they were done baking because they were a different consistency (you can tell by all the fork marks in it where I was checking, haha!).  So don't worry if you have the same experience.
 
Happy baking y'all!
 
 
God Bless & have a wonderful evening!
 


5 comments:

  1. Jazzmin, these sound delicious! I'm thinking chopped up Snickers or perhaps Skor candy bars would be great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerralea,
      Thankyou for your comment! I'm glad they sound delicious to you, your ideas for what to put in would surely be delicious! I bet the toffee and caramel like flavors of those would really give the brownies a kick. Not to mention the texture of the Snickers. Yum.

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Oh yum!! I would love a piece of that divine-looking brownie right now :) Thanks for sharing the recipe and I will be adding it to my "Must-Try" list :) Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thanks so much for your comment! I'm glad you are thinking of trying the recipe, I hope that when you do you and your family enjoy it! This may sound funny, but I love the way you described it too... "divine". I love that word for describing dessert. It sounds extra delectable, haha.

      Have a beautiful day!

      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. You always make my mouth water every time I see a new sweet treat recipe that you have made. :) I like your creative idea of adding butter fingers. I'm sure that made the brownies much more delicious!

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...