Saturday, December 29, 2012

Southern White Cake!

On the night before Christmas, I wrote that I would be making a dessert I was really excited about.
Today I want to share that dessert and the recipe so anyone who would like to taste some heaven on a plate can have the opportunity.
Yes, this cake is, as they say "finger lickin'" good,
or in this case "plate" or "fork lickin'" :)
I had so much fun making it.  It turned out fluffy and delicious and I can definitely say
this is the tastiest cake I have ever made and one of the absolute best I have ever had. 

I used the recipe from Southern Living magazine (the December/Holiday 2012 issue),
a recipe that won 'best cake'... and I can see why.


.         .         .

Mrs. Billett's White Cake
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
5 egg whites
~ Stir milk and vanilla together.  Beat butter in separate bowl
 on medium until creamy.
Add sugar gradually, beat until light and fluffy.
Sift together flour and baking powder and add to
butter mixture gradually, alternating with milk mixture.
Beat at low speed.
Beat eggs whites separately until stiff peaks can
be formed.  Fold into batter.
Pour into non-stick or sprayed circular pans.
*Bake at 350 degrees for around 20-23 minutes*

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 32 oz. pkg powdered sugar
6-7 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
 .          .         .


I did not use the frosting recipe due to a lack of ingredients, but I'm sure it is
wonderful and I hope to next time.
After frosting my cake completely, I had a little fun by making
a piping bag out of a plastic baggie and a tip I had and
got a little festive with a snowflake design.



~
 Happy baking!!
& thank you Mrs. Billett!



5 comments:

  1. Mmmm....my mouth is watering at this delcious-looking cake! And I love the snowflake on top :)
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, my friend!

    Happy New Year to you!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your sweet comment! No pun intended, hehe.
      I'm happy to hear that it looks delicious and hope you get to try out the recipe sometime.

      I hope you have a very happy and blessed New Year too!!

      Hugs and blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. There you go, tempting all of us with these delicious sweets again, ha, ha! My mouth just watered simply looking at the cake photograph! I'm going to have to try and make this one, though due to current dietary issues, I really need to watch the sugar as well as fat intake. However, this recipe looks too good to pass by. :)

    Have a wonderful New Year, Dear Friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mara!
      Haha, I am sorry for the temptations! That makes me smile that the cake looks yummy enough to get your mouth watering, though. As I have mentioned before I also have to watch sugar intake for the good of my health, but when I give in and make a cake like this I just tell myself I will only have small portions of it. Even if you can only eat a bit at a time, I hope if you do make the cake that you enjoy!

      Thankyou for your always lovely comments. Wishing you a new year of good health, happiness, and blessings, my friend!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. We did make the same cake! :) I love the way you decorated yours. I used the icing recipe too and found it good, but very sweet. Next time I want to try some of the fruit filling between the layers. I thought the berry filling would have looked so pretty for my Christmas party, but I was scared to attempt it bc I was baking the night before the party. If something had not turned out I don't know what I would have done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...