Monday, December 24, 2012

The Best Time of Year


December 24th is one of my favorite days of the year.
December 24th at about right now, 9 pm, is my favorite time of this day of the year because it is when the world sort of shuts down for awhile and more meaningful things are on the minds of many... family, love, hope, faith, and thankfulness for each can be focused on more because the world is a little more quiet, and a little more lovely and peaceful... I guess I have always imagined this time of winter like this painting... my winter dream.

Most everyone is off of work and school even if for a little while and has the amazing blessing of just being together!  I love that, and that in turn I know it allows my own family to spend a blessed day together tomorrow... I cherish that so much.  It is so special, especially after awaiting one of the few times of year when all in the family are off and cozy at home altogether... and those who cannot be with their loved ones- whether they are not able to travel because of illness or any reason or are deployed or have a family member who is deployed- are on my heart and mind as well.

I am off to do what I'm sure many women are or will be doing... baking and cooking up love for their families to enjoy tomorrow (I'll be making snicker doodles and another dessert I am quite excited about... a Southern one of course!).  I cherish that too, from the memories and time in the kitchen now to the moment we wake up in the morning to both those lingering smells and new ones.  Not to mention our winter and holiday candles that will just add to the heavenly scents through our home!

Today has been wonderful- I am home from a lovely trip, got to read and journal, spent most of my time with my family, received a beautiful card from a dear friend in the mail, and am off to turn on the fireplace and bake as the house gets cozier and the temperatures drop  :)
& now I am so happy to have this night and all of tomorrow to fully enjoy the Lord's blessings!!  Whether you are traveling or at home, I wish you a blessed day of sharing moments with family tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Winter's evening!

4 comments:

  1. Your winter evening sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and a bright 2013,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jerralea! I hope you had a blessed holiday with your family as well, and a wonderful start to the upcoming new year!!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post! I agree, there is something wonderful and special about Christmas Eve :)
    I hope you have had a wonderful and joyful Christmas day, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thankyou so much for your comment and wishes :)
      I hope you and your family had a wonderful and blessed holiday as well! These times with family are so lovely and cherished, truly a gift from God.

      Blessings!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...