Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dinner on the River

This week, our family had the privilege of having dinner in one of our favorite towns.
The town in itself is beautiful and charming.  It's the kind of place where you can escape to simpler things.  Also, a little country, where you feel like you can wear cowboy boots... and I did!

But the restaurant we go to when we go there is wonderful.  It is on an extremely steep hill, really a cliff, and overlooks the river.  I have written about this restaurant at least once before that I remember, but going this time was different... we went at night!
I hadn't been there at night in so long, so it was extra magical and lovely to go when the town was lit up... everything from the eaves on all the little shops, to the windows in the old General store, to the water tower and the restaurant were lit up!  It was a neat feeling walking through the heart of the little town lit just enough to see where you're going, then walking down the path to the restaurant under trees wrapped in lights, like a winter wonderland with lights strung all around...

I just felt like sharing a little bit of a night in a place that was so peaceful and lovely, and made me feel like a kid again, on a lovely night out to eat with my family.

On this night, a cold front is blowing in as I write and I hear the sounds of the trees blowing in the wind, and I am off to ice a yellow cake!


Have a blessed Winter's night!

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos! I adore it when everything is lit up with white lights.

    Enjoy your winter's night and yellow cake. It is a lovely winter's night here, too, with the sound of sleet hitting the windows ... I'm thinking hot chocolate will be lovely later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your lovely comment Jerralea, I am glad you enjoyed the photos :)
      Your night sounds so cozy, I would love to have some sleet here. Enjoy your night and hot chocolate!!

      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Oh how beautiful. It sounds like you had a delightful evening :)
    Enjoy your yellow cake....yum!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful place! The cold front sounds nice too. :) I think you're west of me-we can't wait for the cold front to arrive here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is wonderful- a lovely town, and so neat with all those trees.
      The cold front has been feeling great. We are loving it. I think you're right- although I'm not sure how far apart we are, I hope it has gotten to your part of the South now and that y'all enjoy it!!

      Have a blessed night,
      Jazzmin :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...