Saturday, January 19, 2013

Inspirations: Faith & Creativity

Happy Saturday!!

If you are reading this, I hope you are having a wonderful start to the weekend.  Yay for a long weekend in honor of Mr. Martin Luther King!

With the weekend just beginning, I thought I would share a few parts of the past week and some things that have been on my mind... various inspirations.


MONDAY
I started an art class that I signed up for... it isn't the kind of art class where they kill your imagination by forcing you to do a rigid assignment.  I have taken a number of art classes in my life and enjoyed them all, but I think this will be especially enjoyable as it is a class simply meant to encourage creativity and fun through art!  I picked up a new sketchbook a couple of days ago and am feeling inspired and excited to begin assignments :)



WEDNESDAY
Earlier in the week, we had company- my Grandma made a trip to see us for a couple of days.  She is into crafting as well, so we stopped by Hobby Lobby and picked up some beads and then came home and opened our bead container (a.k.a. a huge egg carton) and had some fun.


While there, I was inspired by this notebook.  I have been trying to remember to be positive, remembering that is my goal for this year, but when the pressures of life get to crowd me a little too much, this simple yet meaningful reminder laying on a shelf was a comfort- and in some ways an inspiration- to me.



FRIDAY
I enjoy crossword puzzles very much!  I think they are an amazing way to learn and love to do them because you can learn so many wonderful facts and vocabulary, and some culture, through each clue.  Yet, it doesn't feel like forced learning at all.  Sometimes I go awhile without doing a crossword and I miss them- one of my closest girl-friends and I used to bring one and work on it during our lunches in school, which was always enjoyable.  Yesterday I picked up a large crossword and enjoyed some quiet time, just me, my snack, and a blank crossword.  60 down was my favorite clue :)


I am always thankful for anything inspiring or encouraging, and late last night I came across a blog that was both.  And I felt this in just the twenty or so minutes I was able to browse through it.  I have written about modesty before and am passionate about dressing modestly and honorably in a pretty way, so I was so happy to find this blog of someone who seems even more passionate about it!  She is also a Southern girl in beautiful TN,  and provides ideas of ways to dress up modest clothing and outfits, takes her photos in scenic places, and also has a sewing blog where she makes and shows many of the pieces she wears.  Upon finding her blog, entitled "Fresh Modesty", I am not only inspired in my dress but in my goals of sewing more and getting better!  The subtitle to Fresh Modesty is inspiring alone: Dress outside your box, but inside His book!



Those are the sources of a few of my inspirations for this past week!

What is inspiring you right now??

.          .          .


Have a wonderful day!
Blessings!!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like you've had a fun week! I love the title of you blog! Sweet tea is my absolute favorite drink(: Have a blessed day!

    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace,
      Thankyou for your comment and kind words! Sweet tea sure is delicious :) I enjoy your blog and noticed your a Southern girl too, and Southern girls gotta have their sweet tea, hehe ;)

      Blessings to you!!
      Have a wonderful day,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. A new sketchbook! Oh I do love sketchbooks and notebooks and journals. They have so much potential to them. :-)

    I think I inspire to love the Lord more each day and to accept myself~ flaws and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. R!
      Thankyou for your comment :) You sound like someone truly after my own heart: sketchbooks, notebooks, and journals are wonderful!! I love what you said about them having so much potential... it's so true, and neat to have them because they are waiting for creativity to abound on their pages.

      Your inspirations are wonderful and inspire me in those respects as well.

      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of an inspirational notebook/journal. I try and share on my blog inspirational quotes and scripture. When I remember that God placed each child in my room for a reason, it is easier to make it through the tough times.

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      Quotes and scripture are wonderful to share, and truly inspiring. The blogs that share them and incorporate such words in their posts truly motivate me. ... I will visit your blog as soon as I finish responding here- it sounds lovely, and I am actually hoping to be a teacher myself someday so I would really like to read it.

      Thankyou for your kind comment and for reading!!
      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  4. You have so many talents! Lately I've been all wrapped up in yarn. LOL! The girls and I can't get enough of crocheting. I love the idea that we're doing a craft that has been passed down for many, many years. Now I'm going to take a moment to go read Fresh Modesty. That happens to be a favorite blog of my daughter Grace (who was your first comment on this post). Blessings to you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you and your daughters have something so neat to do together!! I have seen your crocheting on your blog and everything you make looks just beautiful! & I love what you said, I think doing a craft that's been passed down is such a neat idea too. That's what I love about things like sewing, knitting, and crocheting and I hope to maybe learn to knit or crochet soon.

      I hope you enjoyed Fresh Modesty. It has been quite encouraging to me, I can see why Grace loves it. By the way, I read Grace's blog and really enjoy it also!

      Thankyou for your comments, they are always so kind and I enjoy reading them :)
      Blessings!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...