Thursday, January 10, 2013

______ is the Word...

If you're like me, you probably sub-consciously wanted to fill in that blank with "Grease"!...
 
but that isn't it! haha. I would actually like to write about the word I have chosen to be my 'Word of the Year' for 2013!
I recently read a post by Jerralea at Jerralea's Journey, a blog I greatly enjoy reading, where she talked about the word she had chosen to live by this year.  Shortly after, I went to another blog I love, Sugar Pie Farmhouse (who I credit the pretty, retro image below to), and read about her word for the year as well... together, these lovely ladies and their posts inspired me to think about what my own word to apply in my life should be for the year!
 
After much thought, I decided that my word will be... 
 
 

The reason I am choosing Positivity for my word for the year is because I feel that staying positive throughout life is something I struggle with sometimes... and I think God sees that, and has placed it upon my heart to try to be a more positive person.

I have a positive attitude about many aspects of life and find joy in so much, but in some areas I find myself thinking the worst and looking at the glass half empty, sometimes worrying myself to death and thinking that I won't make it through a certain situation.

I want Positivity to play a more active role in my life... and in turn, I believe focusing on having that improved attitude will make for goodness and change in all parts of my life... my faith, family, health and well-being, and help me to trust Him more instead of worrying or being down about a certain thing I am trying to handle on my own.  This is constantly a learning experience for me.
It is also my hope to live a life filled with more Positivity so that I may be of more encouragement to others by letting that shine through, to be more of a blessing to all whom I meet.

So... Positivity is the word!  At least my word for the year!

.          .          .

What word would YOU like to live by this year??

.          .          .

A link up is being held at The Lettered Cottage, where I am excited to share my word.... if you would like to read other Words of the Year or share your own, click the link :)


Be blessed!!!

6 comments:

  1. As someone with a "melancholy temperament," remaining positive throughout life's journey's is a challenge for me. However, we should be joyful because we truly do have an abundance of blessings in our lives.

    I don't have a word "chosen" for the year, but if I did choose one, it would be: Patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mara,
      I understand what you mean... it is definitely a struggle to stay optimistic through challenges in life as we face them. You are so right though, we do have so much to be thankful... God only knows that recognizing that- our blessings- is what gets us through.

      Patient is a great word to live by also; I think that ties into optimism and positivity to a point. And the world would surely be a happier place if everyone was even the least bit more patient.

      Thankyou for your comment!
      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. Jazzmin, I love your word! Positivity is a great word and attitude to have. I think if we take Romans 8:28 to heart, we'll be much more positive during life's struggles.

    I enjoy you so much, my friend. I'm so glad to have met you this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerralea!
      Thankyou, and thankyou for the inspiration in my choosing a word for the year. Oh you are so right, Romans 8:28 is a wonderful scripture to keep in mind to stay positive. That is one of my favorites :)

      Thankyou for your always lovely comment! You are so kind and I truly enjoy you too, it has been wonderful getting to know you as a friend through your posts and comments!

      Blessings to you,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. HI Jazzmin,

    What a wonderful word for the year! It's something all of us need to remember and practice in our life.
    The Lord has certainly given us much to be positive about - salvation through Jesus' shed blood, forgiveness, His love :)
    Thanks for sharing this and it was a gentle reminder to me to be positive.

    Blessings to you, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!
      Thankyou for your lovely comment :) He certainly does provide for us- both in all his love and forgiveness (that is such a good point, a powerful thing to keep in the forefront of our lives and minds). And it is so true that just being thankful and appreciative of salvation is something to be positive in itself!

      Have a blessed evening!

      Hugs to you,
      Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...