Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quiet Times

Quiet time amongst all the 'hustle and bustle' of life is so lovely and peaceful and enjoyable.
This morning, I am thinking a little more than usual about how much I love it.  How thankful I am for those moments in the week when you get the chores done and other projects and things that need to be done... and finally there is a moment where you stop and think, "now I have some free time to just sit and relax"...

This morning I have been busy since I woke up, helping to get the house cleaned and ready for company later this afternoon... rushing back and forth, dusting, organizing things to make every aspect of our home as welcoming as possible.  And while I enjoy doing that, when I finished about an hour ago and realized that I had a few moments to have some free, quiet time, I cherished it...

Got a cozy fleece blanket and pulled it around me, sat in our front room with Lucie (my little dog) sleeping softly beside me, and drew the curtains to let the loveliest, soft, winter morning light in... and I just sat there and looked out.
Nothing to think about... or focus on.... or clean... or wash.... or write... or figure out...
Just pure, quiet time with no noise but the light wind outside and the hum of the heater.

I am so grateful for that time, whether it happens many times or just once during a week or a day... the less often it comes, the more precious it is.

Although I love to just sit cozily and let my mind rest, sometimes, I also enjoy quiet time where I do focus on something- but it is something that is not stressful at all, something lovely that brings me joy...
praying, reading, or sketching while drinking a cup of hot chocolate!

.           .          .

What is your favorite way to spend free, quiet time to yourself?

.           .          .

Wishing you a relaxed, wonderful day on this Tuesday!!

15 comments:

  1. I love curling up with a book or some knitting. Or even just sitting and looking out the window.
    You have a nice Tuesday as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love curling up with a book too... and I wish I knew how to knit... curling up with some knitting sounds especially cozy!!

      Thankyou so much for your comment :)

      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I learned to knit using DVDs from the library and youtube videos. :-). If you ever get the notion to learn, I'd recommend starting with a dishcloth. Or see if there is a knitting guild/group in your area. We love seeing new people join the knitting club. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the insight into knitting! I appreciate the tips on getting started... I have looked at youtube videos before to see if I could learn, but maybe I need to search harder for a video with slower instructions. When I do have time to get into it, I would love to join a knitting group around here. I think that would be a lot of fun!

      Thankyou and have a great evening!

      Delete
    2. There are lots of options for learning how to knit. The knittinghelp . com website is another good resource. The DVD's I learned from were done by someone who had the last name Wunderlich. Have a nice night.:-)

      Delete
    3. Thankyou for the resources! I will bookmark that site and keep that and the instructional dvd's in mind when I get a chance to get into knitting.

      Wishing you a wonderful night also!!

      Delete
  3. I can't resist curling up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee :) Or I enjoy sitting outside in the summer time watching the birds.
    There is nothing like a good quiet time. Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!
      There really is nothing like curling up and relaxing in the quiet... ooh, I love that you mentioned summer and watching the birds! What a glorious time. I love winter, but that is one thing I miss seeing right now... birds like blue jays and hummingbirds passing by.

      Thankyou for your always lovely comments!!

      Hugs and blessings to you!
      Have a wonderful week,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  4. I was an only child for 10 years (then my brother was born), so I love being alone and quiet. Now that I have a family of my own it is a little more difficult to have 'alone' time. I find now that I wake up before everyone else. That's my time to have a cappuccino and spend time all by my lonesome. ;) Most of the time I read during this time. Right now I'm reading 1000 Gifts and doing the Joy Dare. I love having the time to think and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I know what you mean, I am an only child and in many ways I enjoy the quiet, peacefulness of things. I hope if God blesses me with a family of my own someday that I still have that time every once in a while... your mornings sounds so lovely and cozy with cappuccino and a little alone time! Reflecting over reading is wonderful, especially when it begins your day. I have looked into 1000 gifts and hope to read it in the future.

      Thankyou so much for commenting, I always enjoy reading them :)
      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  5. I had a similar experience to the one you described in this blog post on Monday. I just felt like I was "running all over the place." When I was finally able to sit down and relax for a peaceful quite time, it was certainly a much needed blessing!

    Usually during my quiet times, I read a devotional book or write poetry. Sometimes during my quiet times, I like to have a hot cup of tea as well.

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara!
      "Running all over the place" is a good way to describe it, but getting that relaxation time in between certainly is a blessing.
      That's wonderful you get those times too- sounds like you spend that time in a lovely way... writing poetry is an especially creative, yet peaceful and relaxing thing to do! And there is no better drink among a busy day or at the end of one that hot tea!

      Thankyou for reading and commenting.
      Blessings and a wonderful evening to you!

      Delete
  6. That cup of tea and quiet moment really energizes me for the rest of the day. I would love to see a picture of your sweet Lucie! Please tell Lucie that Little Bear sends a hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. R,
      It certainly is relaxing to unwind like that in the middle of a day, it really does give you a boost to make it through.
      Aw how sweet, Lucie sends a hug and hello back to Little Bear! hehe. By the way, I think that is just the sweetest name, Little Bear.
      You can see a photo of Lucie here also, doing what she enjoys most, sleeping, hahaha: http://blessingsnsweettea.blogspot.com/2012/05/things-i-love-about-today.html

      Thankyou for your lovely comment.
      Have a blessed evening!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  7. nice post thank you for sharing...blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...