Thursday, February 7, 2013

Crochet & Biscuits

I have a couple of things to share today that have absolutely nothing to do with each other... that is of course unless you eat one while doing the other ;)

Crochet and biscuits!

First, the crochet... I am so excited because yesterday afternoon we "had" to make a trip to Hobby Lobby and after being inspired by craftbooks and different blogs, including a blog I really enjoy with absolutely beautiful creations, I decided to pick up a little yarn and crochet hook and try my hand at it!

The color I picked out to start is called "Light periwinkle" I believe, but reminds me of a pretty shade of cornflower blue.  It took me a few minutes, but I got the feel of the hook and I made my first chain-stitch which I guess is the first step to learning!  My Mama was able to teach me how to hold it and start out because she remembered being taught a few basics of crocheting from her aunts when she was a little girl.  Later this evening when I get everything done for the day, I hope to sit down with some tea or cocoa and my yarn and try to learn more of the stitches.


Now for the biscuits!!  It just struck me, but I can't believe that I have never shared a biscuit recipe before!  We went out to dinner the other day and had the most amazing biscuits, and the next night we wished that we had some of them with our dinner at home because they were so good... so I decided to try to make a batch that was similar.  I thumbed through my Southern Recipes book and found this recipe, making one change: adding cheese.  And might I say my family and I all thought that these turned out better than the restaurant biscuits!  These are to die for and literally took less than 5 minutes to mix up and get in the oven.
Buttercup Biscuits
2 sticks butter, softened
1 8ounce container sour cream
2 cups self-rising flour
(and if you want cheese biscuits, add
a 1/2 cup of grated cheddar to mix)
Blend butter and sour cream until creamy. Add flour. Mix.
Drop teaspoon-size balls of dough into muffin pans.
Bake 30-35 minutes. 350 degrees.
*I cut the recipe in half and it made around 10 larger
size biscuits, to give a measure of yield*
Enjoy some of the best biscuits you'll ever put in your mouth,
especially considering they only use 3 ingredients!
I am planning on making these again to add to our supper for tonight and I'm glad, because after writing out that recipe I have quite a craving for them.
Thankyou for reading.
Blessings to you!!


2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to tag me in your post! I'm glad you've been inspired to learn to crochet! We absolutely love it. It makes my heart happy to see young ladies like you and my girls continuing the tradition of this handcraft. Oh! Your biscuits look fabulous! I need to try that recipe. :)
    Blessings to you!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was happy to share the link to your blog :) Your crafting really did give me so much inspiration to start! It's neat to know that I can sort of join in on what feels like a sisterhood of crocheting girls and ladies, like you and your daughters, even just as a beginner.

      I hope you do try those biscuits! They really are to die for.

      Blessings!!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...