Monday, February 4, 2013

Pearls and Crafts on Sunday

It is hard to believe that we are already half a week into February!!  I can't believe it's the second month of the year already, I feel like we were just buying turkeys!

I hope you are having a wonderful month so far though, and a great start to the week.  This past weekend passed in a flash, but was lovely.  I enjoyed the entire weekend, but it was actually in the last few hours that I did something really enjoyable and fun.  Crafting!  Jewelry making, in particular.

Sometimes we pull out our beads and cord and all our jewelry things in our big bead-holder... a.k.a an old egg carton... and will just sit in the dining room when we get free time and see what we put together.  It's so much fun if you love making jewelry or crafts... just sitting down with nothing but a million possibilities and your imagination to put together something beautiful!
This can get a little crazy though, when you start getting ideas and want to pull out everything you've got...
The table starts out looking like this.

And ends up looking like this.


Although I did start a few things out of the spontaneity and fun that I'm going to work on later this week, the one thing I ended up finishing was a simple string of pearls. 

Southern girls love our pearls :)
I love these because they are a brighter, creamier shade of pearl than any I have ever owned.  I can't wait to wear them for the first time this week.   

Making jewelry yesterday evening was nice and relaxing.  And having a "crafting snack", Raisinettes, in the middle of the table for sustenance while we worked wasn't too bad either ;)  That was our Super Bowl party, at least in that part of the house, haha.


How was your weekend?



Have a blessed night!!


3 comments:

  1. I love raisinettes! And jewelry. But maybe not making it so much ...

    Anyway, sounds like a lovely Super Bowl party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jazzmin, it's beautiful! You did such a lovely job :) And I like the picture of the messy table - that's exactly how it goes when you start a project! :)

    Have a lovely day, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thankyou for your lovely comment! Haha, and yes I think that's always how it goes when you start any project... things get messy fast. It almost feels like it should be cleaned up, but having things messy seems to make crafting more fun somehow :)

      I hope you have a blessed day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...