Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ringing in Spring!

Hooray for the first day of the Spring season!

I sure love Spring... it seems like every new season that comes is exciting, maybe because we are ready for change every few months... but Spring is truly a beautiful season with everything blooming and bright and beautiful all around you!  I once heard that the arrival of Spring is nature's way of saying "Let's party!", and I think that's true with the way everything just feels brighter and more alive.  It just makes you joyful!

Aside from hornets and junebugs, I am so glad Spring has arrived!  It has been in the 80's most days in this part of the South, so it definitely felt like time for it to make an entrance :)

To ring in the new season, I took some time to do a little craft project for a door decoration I thought I would share...

Our Spring wreath! 
It was so simple and fun to make.  I had seen this little nest-like wreath at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago.
It is the prettiest robin's egg blue color!  So I picked it up recently, then just went from there and decided to decorate it with a fun, bright, sort of natural theme.  I bought a couple sets of faux daisies and (my favorite thing...) a card of lovely butterflies, and decorated it!



I decided to do things a little off balance and just placed the daisies and butterflies at angles.  I really like how it turned out, especially the way it pops against our black door.

A neat thing about this that I thought about is that since everything is just hot glued on, I can pull off the things I have on there now and change it up for next Spring!  ...change the theme or have fun playing with different colors.
And the wreaths didn't just come in blue; there were all bright and lovely colors like pink, lavender, green, and yellow.  I may have to go get some more :)

.           .          .


Isn't the first day of a new season always exciting!?...  the chance to get to see the new and amazing colors of another one of God's seasons, and to even have a renewed and joyful feeling!
Some things I am looking forward to... seeing more of the wildflowers as they bloom, planting flowers, watching the birds and butterflies, sewing Spring clothes, days by the river, and Spring showers (we had one last night, right on time)!


What are you looking forward to about Spring?




I hope you are having a blessed day!




2 comments:

  1. Oh Jazzmin, your wreath is so lovely! I really like the colors and the butterflies are precious :) What a beautiful way to greet guests.

    I am looking forward to the daffodils popping up out of the ground - they are my favorite Spring flower :) We woke up to snow this morning so I think we will be waiting a while longer for flowers and green grass.

    I hope you have a delightful day, dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Stephanie!!
      It was so nice to start the morning with reading your lovely comment! I so appreciate every one you leave :)

      Ooh, daffodils are beautiful! That is a great choice for a favorite flower with their amazing, bright cheeriness!
      I hope it starts to feels Springy where you are soon... although I would still welcome snow if we got it here, hehe.

      I hope you have a blessed and beautiful day!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...