Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week in Photos: Spring Break

What a beautiful day it is today!
 
And what a blessed week this has been.  I am so thankful for all the time I have gotten to spend with my family and the time I spent getting to read, do devotions, work on crafts, and simply enjoying each day of this Spring Break week!
 
I often enjoy taking pictures for fun randomly, and looking back, I noticed I took a pretty good number of them this week during different parts of the week.  I thought I would share them as my week in photographs :)
 
Monday
All last weekend and during the beginning of this week, my Grandma came to stay with us for a few days.  I love spending time with grandparents and she always has such fun stories from her days growing up in the South.  On her last full day in town, we took her to a restaurant on the river and got a little dressed up.  I borrowed this necklace from my Momma and thought it was so pretty ♥
 
 
Tuesday
The only unfortunate part of the break has been that our oven has been broken.  I have missed baking so much, but since we can't bake anything we picked up a cake at the grocery store.  And we figured, why not go big?  We got a cake sort of different from any we have had before- it was six layers tall.  And delicious.
 
 
Wednesday
For a period during the week, I was pet-sitting for a neighbor.  I really enjoy the opportunity to do this, just being around sweet little dogs.  On one of the mornings, I woke up early to go take care of them and then took them out for a walk... it was a different experience because I'm used to walking one dog, but it was fun.
 
 
Later that day, I had the privilege of going out to eat a wonderful lunch with my parents.  We did a little shopping beforehand as well.  Before we left, though, I had some time after I got dressed so I painted my nails this Springy, bright pink :)


 
Thursday
Spending some time gardening.  I love walking around to the back gate of our house... the grass is greener and I love the way the sun shines on it, and there are azalea bushes growing there.  Plus, the water hose is there, which reminds me of summers outside gardening, and just cooling off.
      
 
 
Relaxing with my new favorite candle that night.  It's called 'Bermuda Beach' and it was a gift from my Daddy this winter... he gave it to me then, but I saved it for Spring and oh my goodness does it smell wonderful!  The scent is sort of a mix between tropical flowers and grapefruit.
 


Friday
Later in the week, I pulled out this yarn to work with it a little bit and start something.  I haven't been doing it long, but crocheting has been so relaxing and fun.  Last night  I really enjoyed crocheting while I listened to an audiobible :)
I think the colors in this yarn are so beautiful!... it goes from a fuchsia hue, to red, to fiery orange, to a melon.
 
 
 
 
I hope you have had a wonderful week!!
 
Blessings to you!
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! It certainly sounds like you had a fun week.

    I don't think I've ever seen a six layer cake though. I wonder how the bakers kept it from falling over? It certainly looked delicious!

    I like the colors of your yarn as well. What have you decided to make?

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful week and pictures :)

    I love your nails - very beautiful! I am not brave enough to wear color on my nails. I painted them red once and then kept them hidden in my pockets :)

    Your cake.....oh your cake! It looks delicious! I would have loved to share a piece with you while we sip hot tea and chat.

    The necklace you wore is simply lovely and what precious memories. Thanks for sharing your week, sweet friend!

    Have a blessed week!

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...