Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Banana Shake

 
Yesterday, I decided to make a shake on a whim out of what we had in our kitchen.
I am trying to be healthier and I figured making a shake out of (mostly) healthy ingredients
was a good way to do that while enjoying something cold and refreshing.
 
 
I didn't follow a recipe and sort of just added things into the blender that looked like
they would go well together.  In the end, I used:
 
2 scoops vanilla ice-cream
(you could do 1 if you want it less "shake-y")
 
1 banana sliced up
 
1 cup chocolate milk
 
2/3 cups regular milk
 
1 teaspoon coconut flakes
 
 
~If you want this to be like a regular drink, leave it as is.
For a shake, put it in the freezer until firmer.
For a smoothie, add crushed ice into the blender.
 
 
I preferred mine either in shake form or as a drink.
I liked making this because it was so simple and so good, using all healthy
ingredients- okay, except for the ice-cream.
*You can also buy extra-protein chocolate milk with much less sugar to use, which is what I used,
so that you get a good amount of protein and potassium altogether with both milks
and the banana but you don't have too many sugars.
 
I will say that if you don't like the taste of bananas, you probably won't like this,
but I was really happy with how it turned out.
The flavor was so good and it was really frothy and delicious.
And it felt healthy to drink!
 
 
Thankyou for reading!
Happy Shake-making :)
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin! I trust your week is going well :) This shake actually sounds good. To be honest, I'm not a big banana fan and when I eat bananas plain they give me a tummy ache - maybe I am allergic to them? Anyway, as I was saying, this shake sounds quite delicious :) Maybe I will be "brave" and make it for myself. The ice cream is the selling ingredient for me :)

    Thanks for sharing. Have a delightful Thursday!

    Hugs and love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thankyou so much for your comment. The last one you left me I want to thankyou for especially, it was so kind and beautiful and made my heart so joyful.
      You know, it's funny you mention that about bananas because when I eat them alone sometimes they make my stomach hurt too. But with the milk and other ingredients, maybe it balanced it out because I didn't feel that way after drinking the shake.
      If you do try it, I hope you enjoy. And you could even try different fruits, like maybe strawberries maybe! Or just make it the way we usually do- the unhealthy version with no fruit at all, haha.

      I hope your week is going well too!
      Hugs and blessings to you,
      Jazzmin :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds delicious! I'm not a big fan of banana-except by itself. But the chocolate and coconut would be super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...