Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Daybook

I hope you are having a joyful and blessed Thursday!!
I felt like writing a little bit today and thought I would do a Simple Woman's Daybook entry since it has been quite a while since I wrote one.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It is a little humid from a morning rain we just had, but getting breezier and nicer as the day goes on.  The kittens outside are sleeping peacefully and I can hear the birds high up in the trees out back.

I am thinking...
about something sad, a little bird.  We went walking this morning and found a little bird under a tree.  We aren't sure if he was injured or what was wrong, but he was so weak and was just lying there barely moving.  The ants were on him and we didn't want him to die there, so we took him home and put him in a basket with a towel.  We were going to try to nurse him back to health, but unfortunately, before we could even leave the room we noticed he wasn't moving anymore.  He passed away.  It's so sad and we have no idea what happened, but if he was hurt at least he is in peace now.

I am thankful...
for every laugh and moment spent with my family.

I am creating...
a scarf that I am working on crocheting.  I love the colors of the yarn and can't wait to finish it and  wear it this fall.  I am also hoping to start sewing again now that I have a little more free time.

I am going...
to hopefully get to go to the grocery store to pick up some things for a fun southwestern style recipe we are going to try tonight!

I am wondering...
what book I would like to start reading next and how many books I will have a chance to read this summer :)

I am reading...
or actually listening, to the KJV on audio right now.  I'm trying to make it through a whole book today to catch up on my reading.

I am hoping...
that we will be able to do something fun as a family this weekend and go somewhere we have been hoping to go!  We'll see, but I'm praying about it.

I am looking forward to...
the next time we go to Hobby Lobby so I can look at fabrics, and maybe get some new yarn too!

I am learning...
about what is involved in getting a book published; who to send it to, how to do that, etc.  I would love to publish a children's book someday!

I am praying...
for more self-discipline in certain things.

I am pondering...
how good examples around you and in your life can change the way you think in such an amazing way when it comes to such important areas in life.  I am so thankful for them!

A favorite quote for today...
"A strong woman stands up for herself.  A stronger woman stands up for others".

A peek into my day...
This is a place we went to recently and loved not far from our house.  It has a little trail and this quiet little pond.  I loved it under the open skies and feeling the breeze off the water, not to mention seeing little ducks.  I'm hoping we can go have a picnic here soon.

 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin,

    Awww...poor little bird. Don't you hate it when little critters are suffering and you don't know what is wrong? Will you show us your scarf when you are done? I would love to see it :)
    Your quote is fabulous about a strong woman - love it!
    Good ol' books :) I must confess ... yesterday I ordered 18 books, but I did get a good deal and I can't pass up a good deal or books :) My sweet hubby told me it was an anniversary gift since our anniversary is this month.

    Have a beautiful weekend, dear friend! I enjoyed your post.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures of the little pond! Just my kind of place! I do hope you get to picnic there. I'm sure it would a very relaxing time.

    I hope your book dreams come true ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed visiting here today. I especially like your quote...it is so true...when we can reach out and help others it makes us an even stronger person! Your pictures are so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...