Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our Mothers, Our Angels


As children, I think most of us see our Mama (and Daddy) as our world.
As we start growing up, I think our love for our mothers only grows deeper.

From my childhood to my early teens to now that I am a little older, I have always loved being around my Mama, usually preferring to do things with her over doing anything else on my weekends, and that's never changed... but I believe that whether you are that type of son or daughter or not and despite any distractions that come with growing up, you sort of reach this point where you look at your mom differently and more beautifully than ever before...
You understand more about her.
You begin to have a better concept of just how deep her love for you is.
You seek her advice more.
You are more grateful than ever that she willingly went through pain to meet you and love you.
You look back on how she has unconditionally loved and put up with you, hehe.
You have a deeper appreciation to think of all the nights she stayed up with you when you were sick
You realize you don't fully understand how her heart aches to see you growing up every time she brings up "when you were a baby".
You are indebted to her because she has not only loved, but supported and encouraged you always.
And you just cherish her.


When it comes down to it, nothing matters but the fact that she has loved you with all her heart and that God entrusted her to raise you and love you because he knew she was the perfect person for it♥

I'm so thankful for my Momma!  I thank God everyday for the blessing of a caring mother.
I'm so thankful for all the love and nurturing she has put into me and into my life, that she brought me up to love God, that she stays up late and watches movies with me, all those little things that make a mother so special.

~

Growing up, I am also thankful to be able to look back on everyone in my family, as well as friends- even those who have passed- and think of all the wonderful women who have also been like second mothers to me.  I have been blessed to have wonderful examples of mothers all around me.

If it is in God's plan for me, maybe one day I will get to feel what it's like to be a mother- if I do, I only hope I can succeed anywhere close to them.  Until then, I don't think I can fully understand a mother's love, but it seems like the strongest love there is.

~

In the South, we say that all daughters are their Daddy's little girl, and their Momma's best friend.
I think that is one of the most true statements, and I couldn't be anymore thankful for that truth- and for the blessing of having mine be a mother and friend and so much more in my life.


We should be thankful for our mothers everyday, but on this day as the world celebrates mothers, I hope you have the most blessed day- whether you are a mother or you are celebrating your mother, your angel♥

.           .          .


Here are a few words on mothers that I love.














{all images shared from Pinterest}

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, sweet Jazzmin! Your words are so lovingly written. Your mother is richly blessed to have a daughter like you, so full of joy and love for the Lord - you are a rare, special gem! And your mother sounds like a precious woman who has taught you and will continue to teach you many wonderful things.

    Thanks for the lovely post - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl you made me cry with this post! I never fathomed that motherhood would be like this. That I could give so much (unconditional) love. That my heart could be made so happy just by a hug from little arms. I thought I wanted to be a career woman...until I held my first baby in my arms. I knew at that moment that my place was at home, with her. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be a momma!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...