Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Truvy's Cake from "Steel Magnolias"!

Good Morning!
Well, I guess it isn't actually morning anymore but it really feels like it. 
It is such a beautiful day.  I have to do some writing today and I'm tempted to drag our chair over in front of the sliding glass door so I can see the sunshine and the birds outside :)

Today I want to share something I made over the weekend and am just now getting a chance to write about, a new recipe I tried.  It is the "Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake" made by Truvy in Steel Magnolias!

If you have seen it, you may have heard about this cake and you probably also know that it is a very Southern film.  Since the first time I saw it, it has held a special place in my heart.  So I was really excited to make this cake!

 
 
This cake amazed me because it is only three ingredients!  I never imagined that throwing a few things together in a bowl could produce something so delicious.
My Daddy doesn't really go for things with fruit in them, but us girls thought it was delicious.  Maybe a little too delicious considering how much of it was gone by the end of the night ;)
If you like fruit cocktail, I think you will enjoy it too if you try it.
 
The recipe I used is one I found from the Pioneer Woman, who I love.  Here it is:
Ingredients:
1 cup Self-rising flour
1 cup Sugar
1 full can Fruit Cocktail (with the juice)
Stir all ingredients together well in a bowl.  Pour into an 8 in. square pan,
or a large round pan, that has been sprayed or greased with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees until firm and bubbly.
 
I will also say that cake is pretty sticky because of all of the juice from the fruit cocktail, but I think that made it all the more delicious.  Especially right when it came out of the oven and was warm and sort of bubbling with the juices when we cut it.
You can also put on a dollop of whipped cream.



 
If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it.
It took literally two minutes to put together and was so good- I would definitely recommend it!
 
 
Blessings ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how easy yet so delicious sounding! Thanks for sharing and I will certainly put it on my list of treats to try :)

    I hope your week is going well!

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy and simple, which is how I like my desserts.

    I just have to say I love me some Steel Magnolias! It is my favorite movie of all time. I don't know how many times I've watched it ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...