Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Back to the Fifties

One of the things I enjoy so much about blogging is sharing places I have been that I've found neat or special... because I know that I love to read other blogs about those kinds of places! ...whether it's a post about a vacation or just a neat park or restaurant someone has been to.

This past weekend was a blessed and fun weekend!!  I hope that yours was too!  We had family in and they are staying this week with us also so we took them out and went to a truly neat place on Sunday, Father's Day- a restaurant.  It was called Johnny Rockets.  I have been there before, but we ate and ordered outside so I never went in.
Going inside this time was so much fun.  If you've ever been in one you know what I mean...  it's hard to describe, so I took some pictures instead.  But overall, I would say that it was just such an amazing and fun atmosphere...

Everything was decorated like the fifties!!  Old fashioned tables and chairs, checkered floors, shiny red booths, red bar stools and a old fashioned counter at the front, fifties posters framed along all the walls, mini juke-box machines at every booth (my favorite!), and even the little "bus-boy diner hats" that the cooks and servers wore. 
I felt like Marty McFly, like I had traveled back to the 50's!  It was an awesome atmosphere and we enjoyed it so much.

 



And the food was amazing, too.  That, combined with the feel of the place, made for such a neat experience- a true taste of old-fashioned Americana♥  I can't wait to go back and have just about the most old-fashioned/soda-shoppe experience possible: sit at the counter and order a malt or a milkshake.


Just thought I'd share a fun part of my weekend :)



Blessings to you & I hope you are having a wonderful day!!




2 comments:

  1. I love going to retro diners like that. So fun! I like to try and get either a vanilla coke or a root beer float in places that have 50's food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love going to diners :) How fun for you and your family, and your food looks yummy! My great-grandma made me a 50's skirt with a poodle on it for an old-fashioned sock-hop - it was great fun :) I think I was about 10 years old. Thanks for sharing, sweet friend!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...