Friday, June 28, 2013

Faithful Friday!

About a week ago, I read a devotion that truly got to my heart and my mind... soon after, I saw this and it actually linked perfectly and so I was happy to find it.  Here is what it said...
"A few hundred years after Jesus personally taught His disciples about the innate hunger of the human heart for the Father, Augustine personally attested to the same.  He wrote, 'Thou hast made us for thyself O God, and our hearts are restless until they rest in thee.'  ...Everyone who has ever lived has attempted to prove that he or she is the exception to the rule.  We seek to fill the hole in our soul with pleasure and power and entertainment and friendship and status and wealth.  But in our attempt to be in a league of our own, we find that we have struck out.  Only God can satisfy the longings of our hearts..."

I feel like God lets you see or read things that he wants to impress upon your heart.  Reading this, for me, was such an amazing reminder of how true it is that the world is so distracting.  I say that in the sense that it is so easy to try to find satisfaction in and fill our lives with material or less meaningful things.  When we do, even if it holds us for a while, we quickly learn that the only sure way to have our hearts feel completely full and whole is to satisfy them with God as the focus of our lives.


Just some thoughts that have been on my mind in my walk with the Lord.


~I am also excited to be linking to Faithful Friday on Joy's beautiful blog, Doodlebug, which I am so glad I found recently and love!  You can read her post and enjoy her blog and inspirational posts here :)


Happy Faithful Friday!
I hope you have a beautiful day and a wonderful weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. Love this! Exactly. And I think that this is what brings a lot of people to the Lord. They just get tired of not being able to fill up that empty feeling and they finally come to Jesus.

    Great post! :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post. I have enjoyed visiting your blog this a.m. Have a blessed Sunday. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzmin,

    You have a sweet inspirational blog here. I love your sweet spirit. And this was so true!

    Thanks for participating with Joy for Faithful Fridays. I missed this Friday. Things have been busy. Guess I need to schedule them at the beginning of the week. :)

    Blessings
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazzmin, I have missed you while I was away! It's so good to be back on your peaceful, inspirational blog :) This is a beautiful post, dear friend. You are always a blessing and encouragement to me.

    I hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...