Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Strawberry Smoothie


I wanted to share something I have been really loving lately!  A fruit smoothie that is healthy and delicious in my opinion.
I know I wrote a post a few weeks ago, or maybe a little longer, sharing the banana smoothie I made.  Some people don't love bananas though, so here is another one I am really liking.

This is really not a "recipe" because I kind of just throw things together in our mixer and enjoy... but I have enjoyed them so much, so I just thought I would share the way I make them and what I put in in case you may be looking for any ideas for a healthy smoothie to make at home.

This is a strawberry & fruit smoothie overall :)

Ingredients:

2 packs of applesauce (I used the 2 of the little lunch size cups, but it comes out to a little over a cup)
1/2 cup of mixed canned fruit (I let a little of the juice from it pour in)
3-4 large sliced up strawberries


To make it more "smoothie" like, I will sometimes put it in the freezer for about ten minutes to make it a little thicker.  I just love how I can take it in the cup as it is to go and it's so convenient too.
So simple, but so good!  The juice from the mixed fruit adds a little kick that is so good also.  In the end, you have applesauce, strawberries, and bits of peaches, cherry, and pear from the mixed fruit.


Just wanted to share something I've been loving!  And I'm feeling better when I drink them... your body definitely appreciates fruit instead of soda.



Hope you have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

  1. I need a blender SO bad!! This sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yummy! I love strawberry smoothies. I am hungry right now (I shouldn't be since it's 9:45 pm here in CO), but I am and a smoothie sounds perfect :) Except I don't have strawberries so I guess I can't make me one now - probably for the best anyway. I will certainly try your recipe sometime - thanks for sharing, my friend.

    Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! This looks so good!! I will have to try it one day!! I love smoothies. Love the fruity flavor ones!! Hope you are having a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...