Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #2

I hope you're having a blessed Tuesday.  It feels like one of those days that goes by before you can blink, but has been a nice one.  Some crafting and baking has made for a relaxing, joyful day.
 
Today I am doing my second "Chat on the Farmhouse Porch" on Patrice's refreshing porch at Everyday Ruralty!  To read Patrice's chat and everyone else joining, or write one yourself, click here :) 
I love her warm blog and the idea of having a lovely summer chat like this.  It is so neat and inviting and I am excited to be doing another one.
 
Here are the questions for today!...
 
 
QUESTIONS:
 
1.  Are you looking forward to Fall?
YES!!  Fall is one of my most favorite seasons.  These Southern summers are full of joy and fun times, but they are also killer when it comes to heat.  When Fall comes, it brings those crisp breezes and cool air with it and is such a relief!  Not to mention, the joys of decorating for fall.
At Hobby Lobby, they have their Fall aisles set up and I have already been browsing and dreaming of Fall.  I am dreaming of leaves and pumpkin patches and the feeling of coziness that begins with the season.
 
 
2.  What are your three best colors to wear, and what are your three worst?
This is an interesting question to think about.  I think my top best color would be blue.  Wearing your eye color seems to look lovely on everyone because it compliments it so.  The ones I have been told most are blue, red, and greens.  I also love coral; I think I look okay in that.  My three worst would probably be light yellow, light peach, or light purple like lilac (which is also what Patrice said!).  I think being really fair, I need some brighter and darker colors for some contrast.
 
3.  What is your favorite kind of juice? 
I can't get enough of apple juice.  Right now, though, I'm a little addicted to peach juice!  It is a peach juice mixed with tea actually.  It is so refreshing, especially now.
 
4.  Have you ever been in the hospital (at least an overnight)? 
I haven't been in the hospital before for any ailment.  I've had times when I was in pain or something and felt pretty awful, but I will do anything to not go if I don't absolutely have to.  I usually just try to start feeling better or let whatever it is pass and then I'm fine.
I do know a couple of people in the hospital right now though, so I am praying for them!
 
5. Do jingles, songs from ads, and TV or movie themes stick in your head?  Do you find yourself singing them? 
Oh yes!  I have had this problem for as long as I can remember, sometimes to the point of them being in my head and I can't fall asleep because I keep singing them in my head at night!  As far as shows, the ones I get most often stuck in my head are theme songs of shows I watch most.  I tend to like older shows, namely Little House on the Prairie, I Love Lucy, Murder She Wrote, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.  A few summer's ago, I remember Who's the Boss started showing all day and being off of school, I watched that quite a bit.  So that song was in my head for about three months!  My head always seems to pick the cheesy ones to get stuck in it, haha.  Then lately, even though it has been forever since I've seen a re-run, I have had the Gilligan's Island song in my head for some reason.  It's pretty catchy.
 
 
 
I so enjoyed another chat!  I had missed doing the last couple, so it is nice to join another one and get to read other chats!
 
 
I hope you are having a blessed day and a wonderful week so far♥
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I went to Hobby Lobby just the other day and had to go down the Fall aisles..ours even have Christmas ornaments!! There's something so happy and cheerful during those cold months!! Last Christmas JcPenney's had a coupon thing that you could collect buttons and use them for a discount, I can't wait to do it again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think peach juice mixed with tea sounds perfect! I hate to rush the seasons but I am sooo ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peach tea. Another favorite is Lemonade and ice tea. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Autumn, too! Hobby Lobby and Michael's and Jo-Ann's all have their fall decor out to tempt me.
    I love apple cider in the fall. So very flavorful.
    Hope you have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is my favorite season, as well, Jazzmin. My birthday occurs in one of the fall months...I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the way I enjoy the crisp fall days and evenings, beautiful skies, and sweaters? My most favorite tea of all is peach tea! I enjoyed stopping by and reading here today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, So nice to meet you. Mildred (Blackberry Lane) is a great friend. I am enjoying reading your blog... Interesting questions today! Even though Summer so far this year here hasn't been too hot, I cannot wait for FALL... That is my favorite season ... WELL--I love spring too!!!!! ha

    Right now, my favorite drink (not necessarily a juice) is a Crystal Light product (actually it's Walmart's own brand) named Peach Mango Green Tea... EXCELLENT.

    I was in the hospital for the birth of my 3 sons and then one other time when I had a hernia.... BUT--overall, I've been fairly healthy...

    Hope you come back to my blog often.
    Hugs,
    Betsy
    P.S. Please take off your Word Verification. We can't read that thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I sing the Gilligan's Island song too. Welcome to the crazy ward- we only call it a porch. :)I like apple juice too. It's even better when it's freshly made. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby. I'd have shopped there to support them when they came under fire earlier this year. We do have a Michaels and an A.C. Moore. I'm sure they have fall stuff out already. I need to check them out. I couldn't wear coral on a bet. It makes me look horrible. My oldest daughter looks lovely in it, but she has her dad's complexion and darker hair. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for fall, too! I love everything about it. Walmart doesn't have the fall stuff out yet, and we don't have a Hobby Lobby within 100 miles of us. I did find a fall scented candle today, though, and have been burning it all day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...