Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #1

Isn't that a homey, lovely thing, just the sound of it... having a relaxing chat on the porch of a beautiful old farmhouse {a place I hope to live someday}.
Today I am going to write a "Chat on the Farmhouse Porch", something started by Patrice at her delightful blog, Everyday Ruralty.  The chat is just writing your thoughts or answers to a few interesting questions and then linking and reading others' and I am looking forward to pulling up a nice chair on the farmhouse porch and joining in by writing my first one.
I have noticed that a couple of my blogging friends do these and they look like so much fun, so I thought I would join in!


This Tuesday's Chat:

1.  Bacon or sausage?  If vegetarian, what do you have for breakfast?
What a hard thing to answer!  I think bacon and sausage both have their places where they are perfect with certain things, so I can't really choose.  But, I would say that I love bacon most on a good cheeseburger and I like sausage most either at a barbeque or in a breakfast taco.  And I just realized this question is probably meant for you to stick to talking about breakfast, but that's too hard.  This question is getting my mouth waterin'.

2.  Do you take time to "smell the roses"?
Yes.  I think that has been some of the greatest advice to me in my life so far... to just stop and smell the roses and not let life pass you by without doing that.  I'm a firm believer in focusing on the simple joys and soaking in every moment and stopping to appreciate it, and have noticed a change in my life since that became more important to me, I guess a couple of years ago in high school.

3.  What's your favorite stone fruit?  (Peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and cherries are in the stone fruit family.)
Out of those, peaches or plums would be my favorite.  I love the unique taste of a plum, but peaches are so wonderful too with their amazing juicy and refreshing flavors.  Especially in Summer!

4.  What is the thing people notice most about your personality? (quiet, outgoing, polite, funny, etc.)
My friends and family tell me that I am pretty funny.  I love cracking jokes and just making light of things and seeing the humor in life.  I love to laugh more than anything.
I've also been told that I have a calm personality or disposition, so I guess that's the other half of me.  I like things to be happy and calm as much as possible.  I like when people tell me that because if they are in my family, they will often say that I am calm like my Grandmother was and that I am a lot like her in my personality.  So I love that.

5.  Is there a hobby that you have wanted to do, but haven't started yet?
There are many, but one in the front of my mind would be horseback riding.  I have been riding before, but it would be amazing to go riding all the time.  I would also like to learn to play another instrument.  And I guess this is more of an interest than a hobby, but I've always been interested in artifacts and old, forgotten things of the past- I guess archaeology- so I would love to learn more about that.



That was my chat on the farmhouse porch for today.  If you have an answer- or answers- to these, I'd love if you shared!  And if you'd like to write your own chat, you can go to Everyday Ruralty.
If you read her own farmhouse porch chats there, you will probably laugh.  I really enjoy reading them, especially because of  that.  You will see why if you read them.


~I also want to say that I am going out of town and so I won't be writing for awhile.  I'm very excited, but I will also miss the joy of reading everyone else's blogs while I'm away, as well as writing.  I look forward to catching up and sharing my trip with you when I'm home :)



God Bless you♥

Have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

  1. i have never been on a horse before. sounds fun. need to try it one day.

    have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only rode a horse once or twice when I was a kid. It might be fun to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ridden a horse, either. I was a church pianist but I have always wanted to learn flute.

    Hope you have a nice, safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I feel about horses! :) I ride mine at least once a week, couldn't live without it!! :) I think I may do the link up, too. Sounds fun! :)
    Www.Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandmas are the best, aren't they? And to be told that you are like your grandma, well, that has to be about the best compliment that anyone could give! My grandma was a calm, peaceful, loving woman, too. It looks like we were both very blessed with our grandmas. :)

    I enjoyed reading your post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go horseback riding on the beach if I could ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful "chat," dear Jazzmin :) When the question was asked about your favorite stone fruit I thought to myself, "I bet she says peach." And you did :)
    Choosing between bacon and sausage is definitely a tough one - I would have to say both :)
    I agree, it would be amazing to go riding all the time! When I was a teen I went with friends to round up cows for the whole day and it was incredible to be horseback riding all day...such fun!

    You will be missed while you're gone, but I look forward to hearing about your time away.

    Blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my porch! I enjoyed looking at your blog. Cute blog name! Wendell says that he hope you get to horseback ride one day. I hope you have a wonderful time away. Stop by the porch again. Oh, and bring some sweet tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!

    I did not have your email add. to return your question...so I will respond here. The painting is entitled "Sanctuary" by Kim Norlien. It was inspired by his fav Bible verse. http://www.norlienfineart.com/sanctuary-image/

    The picture was a gift from my brother and I cherish it. Thank you for your visit/kind comment. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your comment on our HUGE cantaloupe!
    I wonder if you saw the cute artwork Tawnya made for me? Here is the link to the post
    http://maplelanehouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/kitchen-art.html

    I thought you might want to try something like this yourself - maybe for some Christmas gifts.
    Have a blessed evening. Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...