Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!

Recently, I started reading the blog of a girl after my own heart, Kalin at Modesty Is My Policy.  She is so sweet and I enjoy reading the things she writes about... namely horses, her heart for modesty (and her cute, modest outfits she shares), and faith!

The other night, I was delighted to find that she has so kindly nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!! Thank you much Kalin!  I am excited, honored, and thankful.


As part of being nominated...

~Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
~Pick 11 blogs who have under 200 followers.  Then think of 11 questions for the blogs you have picked out for them to answer.
~Link back to the blog who nominated you.


Here are the questions Kalin came up with -which I am excited to answer- and my answers!

1.  Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
A number of things actually inspired me to start blogging.  The first being that I love to write.  It is a creative outlet that I have always enjoyed.  The second thing is that a love and really an appreciation for my home- the South- and Southern living overall was growing in me as I got older and I wanted to share a bit about that and my own life, adventures, blessings, and joys, as well as my faith.  When I was thinking about starting, a real encouragement to me was also one of my best friends.  She helped me decide between a few names for what I wanted to call this blog and I shared a lot of my ideas with her.  It was a lot of fun talking to someone about my idea :)

2.  What is your favorite book?
My favorite book would be the Bible because it is true, inspiring, comforting, and helpful, promising, a true gift in everyday life and something I would not want to live without.
As far as a novel type book though, that's hard to answer... well, I feel like this answer has changed over the years just because I read so many books that become my favorites that I want to pick them all.  However, I think my favorite book would be one that makes me feel at home, one that is nostalgic to me, so I would say "Little House on the Prairie".  I love the series so much and my heart just connects to it so much.  I can't wait to finish the series because I still haven't.

3.  If you could go on a shopping spree to any store, where would you go?
This is hard for me, but the best I can do is narrow it down to a few, haha.  For things I 'want', I would say a shopping spree to Hobby Lobby so I could buy any craft thing I wanted.  It would be so neat to get to pick out anything there, especially any fabric.  Another store I might go crazy in would be Yankee Candle.  When I go there, picking just one or two candles is hard for me so a shopping spree would be good.  More practically, I would say definitely a book store or the grocery store to stock up on food for our family.  Groceries are something you can never have too much of.

4.  Do you have any pets?  If so, what kind?
I LOVE animals.  They are little angels on earth I think, making our lives happier and sweeter with their presence.  So I love having pets.  Right now we have many fish in our aquariums, and our main pet is Lucie, our little dog.  She's a lot of fun and is always by my side, pretty much following me everywhere.   Although they aren't our official pets, there is also a family of cats- 2 mamas and their kittens- that are wild but they like our backyard for some reason.  So we feel like they are our pets because they sleep there and we always see them.  They're very sweet.

5.  Favorite type of music?
I love music and generally listen to older music more than anything, more of what my parents grew up with.  I grew up on it because of that so that's probably why I like it most, but I feel like most newer music doesn't have the beautiful melodies and power that older songs do.  I also enjoy worship music and songs.

6.  Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
I enjoy getting outdoors- I love playing tennis, baseball, swimming, going hiking.  I especially love being outside around beautiful nature more than anything; it is so relaxing and tranquil.  I also enjoy all things homemaking, like baking, sewing, and decorating.  Being creative and coming up with new projects and things to do is something I never get tired of.  Photography is also something I love.

7.  What is your biggest fear?
Any of my friends and family will tell you that I'm deathly afraid of bees.  So that's pretty high up there.  I think my greatest fear, though, is losing someone I love.  I think that's probably everyone's greatest fear, or one of them.  I am also pretty afraid to fly... I just can't imagine being in a plane that's going down, but I've been a little better about it since the last time I flew.

8.  Least favorite fashion trend/style?
My least favorite trend would either be the mullet (but I guess that doesn't happen much anymore.  Maybe it was outlawed, haha) or short shorts.  Especially in the temperatures here in Summer, you see a lot of girls who are trying to wear their shorts way too short and things are showing that shouldn't be and that we definitely don't want to see.

9.  Do you have any siblings?
I don't have any siblings, I'm an only child :)

10.  How would you classify your personal style?
My style has changed a little over the years.  Right now, I would say I have found the style I love most and feel best in.  That would be ladylike and pretty, like lace and cotton blouses and things that are very feminine and reflect a little bit of vintage beauty.  Sometimes I like sportier clothes too, but most of my closet is more of the feminine style dresses and blouses.  But I always love color!  That has never changed.  Sometimes I'll wear something colorful like a ring or necklace or belt to add some fun.

11.  What is the most important piece of clothing, jewelry, etc. that you own?
The most important piece of jewelry I own would definitely be something my Daddy gave me right before I turned fourteen.  It's a ruby ring with the stone in the shape of a heart and I love it and what it means to me most of all.
One piece of clothing that is important to me is a white silk pencil skirt that is 50's or 60's style.  It belonged to my Grandma; she actually had it since she was young and when she passed away it was given to me.  I cherish it because I think it's neat to get to wear something she did years ago.



Those are my answers!  If you want to share your answer to any of these, I'd love to hear your answers in a comment!

Thank you again Kalin for nominating me!  As well as coming up with these questions- I loved getting to answer them.

.          .          .


Now for my own nominees!
I would like to nominate these bloggers because I so enjoy their beautiful blogs.  All have been a blessing to me.  I am inspired and encouraged in many aspects by them and am thankful for their words, as well as their friendship.  Some I have only just recently followed, but I am so happy to have found their blogs.
~Jerralea at "Jerralea's Journey"
~Tammy at "Country Girl at Home"
~Tammy at "Simply Gratified"
~Grace at "His Daughter"
~Tessa at "Eyebrow"
~Joy at "Doodlebug"
~Jennifer at "Where the Green Grass Grows"

I can't think of eleven, but those are blogs I love and if you are looking for blogs that make you feel at home and inspire you, I recommend reading those♥  I just hope I remembered everyone I wanted to nominate.
And I wish that I could nominate those with over 200 followers because there are many bloggers I have become friends with and blogs I love that I would nominate if I could!!


Here are the questions for the girls and ladies I nominated...
1.  What inspired you to want to start blogging?
2.  Do you like to travel?  If you could go anywhere, where would you travel to?
3.  What is your favorite season?
4.  What are your interests or what are your favorite things to do in your free time?
5.  What is your favorite book?
6.  Do you have a quote or verse that you live by?
7.  Describe your favorite Summer outfit.
8.  What is something you dream of doing in the future (far or near)?
9.  What are your favorite movie or t.v. genres?
10.  If you could time travel to any era or decade, which one would you choose and why?
11.  What would you say is your passion in life?


.          .          .


Thank you again for the nomination Kalin! 



Hope you're having a blessed day!!




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award and I thoroughly enjoyed your answers. I love Little House, too. I have a blog friend, Laura Ingalls Gunn, who is a relative of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Her blog name is "Decor To Adore." You might enjoy visiting her. She is a delightful young woman. I love pets, too. We have 6 cats and 1 dog - all rescues. They are a lot of fun and company to us.
    I hope you have a wonderful Fourth! Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Thank you for the award. I enjoyed your post!! I love your blog and sweet blogging friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jazzmin,
    I just finished reading your lovely answers to the Liebster Award questions. It was fun getting to know a bit more about you...one of the things I love most about blogging, apart from it being a creative outlet for me! I also went down and read each of the blogs that you nominated for the Award...and I bookmarked some. :-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I tried before to leave comments here at your blog but wasn't successful. Hopefully this time it will go through without any problem, because I really enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you. Hope you have had a lovely 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jazzmin :)

    This was such a joy to read! It is such a pleasure to get to know you better. Your answers are so sweet and I appreciate your honesty.

    Thank you for sharing, dear friend - you are a blessing to many.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...