Monday, July 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The weather is surprisingly cool, in the 80s!  We had light showers last night so it is still a little cloudy and cool.  This is so nice after having just having a 108 degree day.  I'm not sure if it's because of the rain we had, but the clouds are such different colors today too, beautiful periwinkle mixed with white.

I am thinking...
about how hard it sometimes is to wait for the end of something to come, like a trial in your life.  I think that it can be the hardest waiting it out when you are so close to the end. 

I am thankful...
for the comfort of home.  I just sat down and am relaxing after getting home from being out and about for a couple of hours.  There is no feeling like coming home and feeling so relieved to be where you belong.

I am wearing...
a shirt I got from the beach when we went and just relaxing clothes all around.  My hair is in a high bun, off my neck, which is what I love to wear it like during summer to stay cool.

In the kitchen...
potatoes in the pot cooking to make mashed-potatoes- my part of making supper tonight :)

I am creating...
Ideas for a painting.  I am thinking of painting something for my room because I am going to change it a little as far as art goes :)

I am going...
to do some reading later tonight and hopefully finish watching an old movie we started last night.

I am wondering...
how the days go so fast?  Maybe it is something having to do with things being different in summer, but I don't know... usually the days feel longer this time of year, but recently they have been feeling to me like I wake up and an hour later the day's already over.

I am reading...
A whole lot of travel information!!  It's so much fun, but also some work, to see where to go and what to do when you're planning a trip.

I am hoping...
for some inspiration in writing.

I am praying...
for some specific things that are working in my heart and for my family, friends, and others who have been on my mind... whether I know them or not. Thinking of those who don't have enough to eat has been a big part of my prayers lately.

I am looking forward to...
(hopefully) seeing my best friends from childhood this week!  It has been so long, and I am praying that things work out so we can finally see each other.

I am learning...
in my favorite way. I love to learn in everyday life... just looking up things I am curious about in books or magazines or travel books, books about the world, etc.

Around the house...
the ballgame is on in the background and supper is cooking, and it is a wonderful, relaxing day.

I am pondering...
the beauty and the gift of friendship and how it is something to cherish!  I love the friendships where you may not see someone for ages yet nothing changes between you and you can start making jokes and bringing up old times right off the bat.  I have also been pondering friendship with God and how amazing it is.

One of my favorite things...
getting lost in books.  I may have said this before for this part of the Daybook, but it's free and a wonderful way to relax your mind and let go... whether reading a scripture that is a comfort, something that reaches your heart, or a few chapters from a novel that let you escape into a story.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Spend family time, grill hot dogs, play some tennis and get outside if the heat allows, try a new recipe, work on my puzzle (it's the hardest I've ever worked on, but I'm determined to finish!)

A favorite quote for today...
"The purpose of life is to discover your gift.  The meaning of life is to give your gift away."
I think this has more meaning than words can really say.

A peek into my day...
My view out of the back window most mornings, these sweet little eyes looking up at me♥
 
Those are my Daybook thoughts for today...
Thank you for reading.
 
 
Y'all have a blessed day!!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Nominated you for a blog award on my blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone months without talking to my best friend because we get so busy then we get on the phone and it doesn't seem as if any time has passed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading! It relaxes me and takes me places I will NEVER go. I am thankful today for cooler weather. We are probably North of you but have had some seriously HOT days already. You have a beautiful blog and a beautiful heart! So glad that I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun to get to see some childhood friends. I was able to see my best friend from college yesterday when my family and I drove through Michigan. I haven't seen her in 4 years so it was wonderful to catch up. Your week sounds like it will be wonderful. I am hoping to catch up on some sleep. The trip to Canada was physically and emotionally draining...

    Anyway, your posts are always a delight :)

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jazzmin,

    I enjoyed reading your daybook and seeing the cute little cats! I'm like you about loving home, especially when something yummy is cooking! :) Hope you get to enjoy catching up with your friend and are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your daybook. How interesting it is to be able to have a peek into the lives of people who live in such far away places from myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. eating grilled food the men cooked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...