Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #3

Happy Tuesday!!  I hope you are having a blessed one.  And a nice evening!

There's something I love about Summer evenings... I'm not sure what it is, but they are just peaceful and lovely and pleasant.
Since it's Tuesday, I am joining in on the lovely chat going on over at Patrice's porch, from Everyday Ruralty!  You can click the link to read her chat and even write your own and pull up a chair on the porch.  Or the porch swing is open, so maybe you could take that ;)

 
Questions:
 
1.  Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home?
No, we don't.  But I think it would be great to have one.
 
2.  What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc.?
Lately, I think the place I'm finding the most spare change is at the bottom of my purse.  It's a big, slouchy sort of bag so it seems bottomless, haha.  Usually what I like to do with spare change is save it in a jar or my piggy bank, then take it to the bank and put it in the machine that cashes it in.  Or sometimes I keep it in my purse to give to causes, like the firefighters who walk by with the boots for the Muscular Dystrophy Assocation.
 
3.  What's one chore you wish you never had to do again?
I've grown to like chores for the most part.  I think dishes can start to get old though because you start to feel like you've washed them five times in one day.  Probably because you have, haha.
 
4.  Are you outgoing, quiet, shy, reserved, or life of the party?
I think with many people it depends on who you are around... I'm that way.  Most of the time, I think I am reserved and quiet.  And I've always been pretty shy.  But ask my family, and they'll tell you how talkative I am when I get excited.
 
5.  Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older?
This is a really good question.  I definitely think I understand my parents more.  I feel like I started to only a few years ago though.  Being a teenager, you go through a lot of things that make you think a lot more about why your parents act toward you the way they do or why they do certain things.  I do think I understand them a lot more as individuals too, as far as likes and dislikes and passions.  And although we've always been close, growing up has brought things my way that has given me a better idea of who my parents are... I feel like as you get older too, you reach a point where you learn about them from a view other than them just being your Mama and Daddy.
 
 
Those are my answers to the chat today.  I have loved every week that I have participated and taken a seat on the farmhouse porch!!
 
 
Thankyou for reading.
 
 
God Bless♥
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. I think as we grow older and have kids of our own we understand why they did what they did and made the choices they did.
    until next time...nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about how you understand your parents more as you've gotten older. My mama is 84 and I'm still learning more about her. Just a bit earlier this morning I was thinking about how grateful I am that she taught me (mostly by example) that because a person has a chronic illness it doesn't mean that you quit living. You learn to adjust to your limitations and go on.

    I always enjoy reading here at your blog, Jazzmin. Tomorrow (Thursday) over at the blog I've mentioned you in the post. Hope you'll be able to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzmin,

    I love these farmhouse porch chats and I enjoyed your answers. It's so good to see young people answering the last question the way you did. I think we always understand our parents more as we get older, but if we can understand that they are wise while we are still young, we can learn all the more and be blessed in the process!

    Have a great evening,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jazzmin, Nice answers. I love reading these kinds of posts since I learn so much more about my blog friends... I have never minded washing dishes... Don't know where that comes from, but we seldom use our dishwasher... The chore I hate is cleaning windows... That's probably why I don't clean them very often... ha

    Hope you are having a good week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see that someone comments about liking dish washing, I get an urge to invite them over! "Have you met my dishes before? Allow me to introduce you..."I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...