Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #5

What a nice Tuesday it has been!  I hope yours has been a happy one :)
I woke up to a drizzly morning and it stayed overcast pretty much all day.  It made the day feel wonderful and the weather feels so cool and good- a change I am thankful for!  Even if it doesn't last long.  But I also love it because it is a reminder of the days we will be having soon when Fall comes!

Today I am joining "Chats on the Farmhouse Porch" again and imagining I am sitting on that porch swing in the picture.  I would especially love to sit there today because of how cool the air is, that would be so relaxing.

Here are today's questions!  And may I say I love these questions even more than usual.

QUESTIONS:
 
 
1.  Do you remember your first day of school?
This is a fun question!  Especially since yesterday was my first day of school.  But as far as my first day of school ever.  I actually remember my first day of school really well.  It was kindergarten, and I remember being so excited.  I had all my new school supplies my Mama and Daddy had gotten me, and my little lunchbox that I loved.  I remember a lot of details too, like what I was wearing, particularly the flared blue pants I was so proud of.  My Mama had gotten sentimental and told me about that day more than a few times over the years, so I guess it's hard to forget.  I also remember loving my teacher.  She was so nice and fun.  And I remember being so excited and not being able to wait to find out all the fun things we would do!  I loved it.
2.  Do you decorate for the different seasons?  If so, have you decorated for Fall yet?
Decorating for the different seasons is something I enjoy so much!  It's like an extra little blessing to not just be excited about the weather changing and the new seasons as they change, but to also bring that excitement into your home.  My favorite season to decorate for would probably be Fall.  It is such a cozy season and there is so much to be thankful for and so much to celebrate... from the weather to so much more.  I love the Fall candles and setting them out and decorating our fireplace and our door.  I haven't gotten into decorating for Fall yet, but I am definitely getting ideas!  That's the really fun part... sitting down and looking through Southern Living or browsing photos or catalogues for ideas♥ 
 
3.  What food do you associate with Fall?
The first food I think of when I think of Fall is pie... either cranberry/apple pie or pumpkin pie.  Then I think further of the fun of making those foods and spending fun times in the kitchen together.  There are so many wonderful foods that I think of when I think of the coming season.  All wonderful!  And I think smells go along with foods this time of year... cinnamon, spices, apples, caramel.  So wonderful.
 
4.  Do you order books online, buy books in a bookstore, download books to a device, or frequent the library?  If not interested in books, how do you get your music?
I am probably a little too interested in books, so I can answer the first question :)  Just kidding, there is no such thing.  I pretty much only buy books at the bookstore and go to the library.  I love doing both, but I probably like going to the bookstore more because there is always something new and amazing to find and make your own.  And I would rather, just personally, read a bound book.  I saw something on Pinterest that said something about how you can't feel the pages of a digital book or have new book smell.  That's how I feel, that's part of why I love reading- holding the book in my hands, feeling the thickness of it, and how much I've read.
 
5.  When was the last time that you realized you had just been talking to someone really special?
I think the last time I felt this way was talking to a friend recently whose beautiful words and pure heart inspire me.  The type of people that make you feel welcome and so happy when you are talking to them are all special.  I find that the people I am privileged to run across who are special and genuine are often the elderly as well... talking to them is a treasure.  I always cherish talking to older ladies.  It kind of makes me think of Fried Green Tomatoes.  I would love to sit down often and have long talks with or be told stories like that by someone like Mrs. Threadgoode.
 
 
 
Those were my answers to the chat today.  Thank you for reading.
If you want to join in on the Farmhouse Porch, visit Everyday Ruralty.  I enjoy it very much- both Ms. Patrice's beautiful blog and the chats- and I'm sure you will too.
 
 
 
Blessings to you!
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment and for visiting!!

      Have a blessed weekend,
      Jazzmin :)

      Delete
  2. I want pumpkin pie now :) lol

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2013/08/chats-on-porch-82713.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers!!!!! You are very smart to be so young! Hope school works well for you this year. What are you majoring in???? What do you want to do for a career?

    I love Fall---and hope it gets here soon. I won't decorate 'til the end of Sept... but love the entire season. My favorite Fall food is a Pumpkin Spice Blizzard from Dairy Queen... ha ha

    Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I am always delighted by your words, you are so kind. I am majoring in Childhood Education, and I would like to be a first grade or kindergarten teacher :) I'm excited, and God willing I will get there.

      I too am hoping Fall gets here soon! The end of September is a good time to decorate- I always get too exited to wait though, hehe. Ooh, the Pumpkin Spice Blizzard sounds delicious... I'm pretty sure I've heard of that. I'd love to try one this Fall.

      Hoping you're have a wonderful weekend!
      Blessings and hugs,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  4. I love decorating for the different seasons, too, and fall is my favorite. I'm planning on doing some decorating on Labor Day to kick off autumn.

    I'm like you, I love having a book in my hands and seeing how far I've read. Although I do download books for my kindle reader, I will always want paperback books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful you enjoy Fall decorating too!! Hope you have fun starting your decorations. A day off is definitely a great time to spend a day enjoying doing that.

      Thank you for your comment- I so enjoyed reading it!

      Blessings to you,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  5. Mmmm...thinking about Fall foods has me hungry now :) Especially something with cinnamon! I am addicted to the Chai Tea Latte's from Starbucks and I tend to overdose on them during Autumn because the drink is so "Fallish." :)

    I definitely love going to bookstores too...I could get lost among those beautiful pages.

    Your last answer about talking to someone special was absolutely precious. I have many older ladies in my life that are such sweet friends and I truly cherish them. I also cherish you, Jazzmin. I have come to greatly appreciate this friendship that has formed between us thanks to blogging. You are a sweet blessing. We may never meet face-to-face here on earth, but we will meet in heaven :)

    Have a lovely evening and enjoy the holiday weekend :) Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about books! There just nothing quite like holding, reading, smelling a print book. I read in the Kindle, too, but I much prefer a "real" book. Due to severe anemia, there have been times in the past that I couldn't lift a real book, and with the Kindle I can hold over 4,000 at one time. I hope that there will always be print books. I'd hate to think of that experience being lost totally to "progress".

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there are always printed books being made, too! It's hard to imagine life without crisp pages and bookshelves. I have heard that many people like the Kindle because it is so light, though. Sending best wishes and prayers that your anemia is not so severe!

      I enjoyed reading your comment- thank you so much for reading and stopping by!

      Have a beautiful Sunday♥

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...