Friday, August 30, 2013

Faithful Friday!

This is one of my favorite verses... it holds such a loving and caring message for each of us individually.  It is something I think about often, and recently I was reading and found a passage from my book that I felt went along with it well, on the subject of having faith in the Lord's plans for each of our lives. So I thought I would share it today...

"The Lord does not tell us what our future holds.  We may know that He has given us specific goals and called us to various assignments, but we do not know the details of how everything will fit together.  That is where faith, wisdom, and obedience come into the picture.  God doesn't usually show us distant details.  He gives a glimpse of the horizon and then just enough light to take the next step." -Sarah Mally

I love to think of that last line... a glimpse of the horizon ahead.  I think that paints a beautiful picture... if we can see the horizon of where we are headed, we can be comforted to know that we have enough light to go forward, trusting and hoping.  It reminded me of when you are on a road-trip and all you can see ahead of you is the horizon of the land.  But it is just enough, because with each new point on the horizon, you can see bits and pieces of where you are going.  So you never have to fear being stuck without enough "light" to get you there.

We can be sure that God will put the plans He has for us into action in this way, and because He set those special plans for us and for our future before we were even born.


.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by Joy at her sweet blog, Doodlebug.  You can visit her blog by clicking one of the links to read her Faithful Fridays posts or link up!





I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!


Blessings♥



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post about trusting in the Lord and for those wonderful plans HE has for our future, Jazzmin. I so enjoy your writing style because you express yourself so well. SO glad HE has allowed our paths to cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Thanks for this little reminder about trusting the Lord. Its what I needed after a tough week. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked this verse to write along the top of our school schedule for the year. Anytime we get discouraged, I want to be able to look at it and remember that God knows best and wants the best for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...