Monday, August 5, 2013

♥Homemade Summer Wreath♥

I think if you have a homemaker's heart or a decorator's heart, one of the things you look forward to most about the changing of seasons is the chance to get to decorate for that season!
It's something I always love.
 
For Summer, inside our home we have made a few changes by adding some brighter flower arrangements, setting out summer candles on our fireplace, and also making our kitchen feel a little more cheery.  But there's something about decorating our door that I always enjoy.  It's such a simple thing, but a lovely one.  It's the first thing someone sees when they come over, the first part of your home that will invite them, and it's so nice to see something pretty and homey before you even walk in the door.
Since we're well into Summer, I thought I would share our door décor this Summer :)  It was fun to make, and was just a simple project that I loved doing.

 

I love country décor, so when I saw a burlap wreath at the craft store I got inspired by it's country, sort of simple, rustic feel.  And then I saw these bright sunflowers and knew exactly what I wanted to do.  Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, with the bright cheerful colors.
 
You could add whatever you like to this wreath and make it very detailed.  But for a simple version, all you need is a natural wreath (one that will fit on your door), a roll of burlap ribbon, as many faux sunflowers as you like, and a hot glue gun.
 
I folded the burlap, so it would be thinner than it was, then wrapped it around and around the wreath, gluing it down after each wrap on the back where it wouldn't show.
 
Then, I just added the two orange and yellow sunflowers on the bottom with space in between for the yellow one and glued them down, angling them up a little so they would "pop" a little on the wreath.  Then I added the plain yellow sunflower.

The last thing was looping some of the burlap under the top of the wreath and tying it in a knot and then a bow to hang it from the door!



 
I got the flowers at Michaels, and everything else at Hobby Lobby.  And with my coupons, altogether it cost less than ten dollars to make.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and how easy it was to make.  When I look at it, it reminds me of sunflower fields under the big, blue skies of Summer and sippin' lemonade on warm days ;)
 
Just a little Summer make it yourself project!
 
 
 
Hope you're having a blessed start to the week!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute and summery! :) And you thought it up yourself--very creative! :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty, Jazzmin! It is a beautiful welcome to your front door - one that will make people smile :) Thanks for sharing with us and may you have a delightful day.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful welcome awaits those who come to your front door, Jazzmin! And don't you just love it when you are blessed with coupons to make it happen at a reasonable price. Makes that feeling of satisfaction even sweeter!

    Blessings to you,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute! I love the combination of colors, you can keep it up for summer and fall! H20 solutions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...