Sunday, September 22, 2013

Crisp Days, Crimson Leaves ... Autumn is Here!

Happy first day of the Fall season!

Don't you just love the feeling of a brand new Autumn.... it is beautiful outside, cozy inside, and the air starts getting crisp and lovely.  Leaves crunching beneath your feet, cozy, overcast days, warm apple pies, and pumpkin spice candles burning.
I feel renewed each Fall!  It is a time when there is even more to look forward to.

Even though our state doesn't display as much of the gorgeous oranges and reds across the Fall landscape that others might, the scenery of this season is one of my favorite things to see.  I could look through photos of those bright red trees and and other scenes this time of year and never get tired of it.
To celebrate the start of fall, I thought I would celebrate that scenery, what I think of as the Lord's painting for Fall, and share the beauty of it in different parts of the South!

Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas

Whitaker Point in the Ozarks in Arkansas

Mt. Cheaha State Park in Alabama

Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma

Cades Cove, Tennessee

Smokey Mountains in Tennessee

Fall in Tennessee
(This reminds me of Vermont!)

Blackwater State Park in West Virginia

Blue Ridge, Georgia
 
A little Fall color on the Frio River in Texas
 
 
Garner State Park in Texas
 
Lake Fausse Point, Louisiana

Beautiful Louisiana Oak Alley Plantation in Fall
 
 
 
And because I love the West...
 

Aspens in Autumn: Colorado
 
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
 
 
 
I think the most amazing thing about Fall is the range of beauty and different colors you find in different places.  Absolutely beautiful.  I'm thankful for the pleasant, peaceful views that bless us in Fall.
 
 
Today at our house, we are commenting on how it feels cooler all the sudden.  The air is gradually losing the Southern summer humidity and moving toward cool and crisp.  I can't wait until it gets cold enough for sweaters and the crunchy leaves start to fall more and more.
 
This past week we have had a lot of things happen that made it feel like Autumn days are on their way... most of all, several lovely days of rain!!
 
I am so excited that Fall is here!... It excites me every year.  This year, I await baking apple pies, drinking warm cocoa, big sweaters, lighting the fireplace on cool, crisp days, waking up to more rainy days, family time, and helping with our decorations here at home for the season!
 
 
"Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor, Summer an oil painting,
and Autumn a mosaic of them all"
-Stanley Horowitz
 
 
Happy Fall!!!
 
What are you excited about this season??
 
 
 
Blessings and hugs!
 
 
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday :)
 
 
 
 
 
{all photos shared from Pinterest}

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos! I love this time of year too. : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures. What a swirl of colors!
    I'm excited about the cooler weather so my dog and I can take longer walks. He likes to take long walks, but I restrain him when it's hot outside and keep him closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Autumn best of all. We are not very far from Blue Ridge, GA. Another pretty place to visit in Autumn is Brasstown Bald Mountain here in GA. On a crisp, cool fall day you can actually see the skyline of downtown Atlanta from there! We love visiting the apple orchard and buying pumpkins, fried pies, jellies and jams this time of year.
    It is wonderful to wake to cool temps and the humidity not so high.
    Wishing you a very nice rest of the week. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jazzmin, I could look at these photos all day! That are completely captivating.The Lord has blessed us with great beauty here on earth....just try and imagine what heaven will be like - what splendor :)

    I am loving the cooler temperatures as well. It was 29 degrees the other morning. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are breathtaking, Jazzmin! You've put in some time searching out pictures of different parts of the country. I was so tickled to scroll down and see a picture of Blackwater Falls State Park here in WV. It is about 90 minutes from where we live. I so enjoy your appreciation of the beauty God has given us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I live right next to Cheaha in Alabama, that's how I found your site, google image search for Cheaha! I love the West too though since I'm from there! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...