Friday, September 13, 2013

Faithful Friday!

A recent devotional left an imprint on my mind by something it said... the main focus of it was the importance of living life with God's love and grace showing through... and not just showing through, but beaming through brightly!
The message of this was to live in such a way that you live each day with that grace in everything you do. The most important aspect of this?   Living to be an example of that through showing love and kindness to others.

It seems that lately I have come across many things that reiterate this. And it is a beautiful thought that resides in my heart!  To be kind and loving and genuinely caring toward others, so much so that in that way alone they will see Christ in you!

Another point that was made resonated so much with me as I read it: our Savior died for us so that we may have everlasting life and be cleansed and purified completely through it.  It is the least we can do to be a witness to others about how loving the Lord is!  And what better way to do that and show the evidence of that love to others than to be kind towards others.  It is a joy to think of all the ways we can be an example of God's love, letting him, in us, shine through:  show kindness to others and strangers out of love, be merciful and forgiving, patient with others, and have a heartfelt character, or simple things like complimenting others and having a sweet and loving heart and demeanor.  Truly being radiant in God!

Ephesians 4:32
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ
forgave you." 

Colossians 3:12
"So, as those who have been chosen by God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."


It was a joy and a wonderful reminder to me to live in such a way.  These reminders are a blessing to all of us, and make me truly thankful for God's love and so excited at the thought that, in any way, God's love could shine through me.

This has reminded me, also, of one of- in my opinion- the most beautiful quotes ever spoken.  Mother Teresa once said, "...Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting".


Wishing you a lovely weekend!
God Bless you♥


.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by my friend, Joy, on her blog Doodlebug!  You can read her amazing posts and enjoy her blog or link up with your own Faithful Friday thoughts, here.





5 comments:

  1. Jazzmin, what a lovely post this is! I have a blog post running around in my head that goes along with this very thing you've shared. I'm going to be away from the blog for a couple of weeks, but when I return I will share about it.
    Reading here today is what brought the prompting of the Holy Spirit that I need to share a few of these experiences.

    You are a blessing!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post, Jazzmin. Your words are so true --and we all need to keep them in mind each and every single day!!!!

    God Bless.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzmin, reading your post here was a blessing to me - just beautiful! And the picture is breathtaking! Hope that you are having a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazzmin,

    This is such a wonderful post! I love Mother Teresa's words...what great words to live by! The definition I have written for grace in one of my bibles is: G.R.A.C.E. (God's Riches at Christ's Expense). So true! And just think what we can do with Christ's grace inside us!

    Thank you for sharing! You keep on keeping on.... :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...