Monday, September 9, 2013

Lunch Under the Oaks

Monday is here again!  It always amazes me how quickly each week rolls around.  I hope you're having a lovely start to the week!
 
Today was a nice Monday and a blessed one... mostly because of one thing.  Spending time in a beautiful place.  To me, that always makes for a wonderful day.  Not only do I enjoy the time I am there, but I think about how lovely it was to be there throughout the rest of my day.
It was at lunchtime, and I was so happy to spend time outside in this scenic park-like area.
Huge, hundred year old oaks and other types of trees.
A cool, wonderful breeze.
A beautiful pond.
Green, soft grass.
A couple of geese and ducks walking around... which were neat to see, until they got close to me and I was afraid they would get angry if I was in their territory! haha.
 
I loved sitting there and relaxing on a bench and then walking around for awhile.
 


The largest, oldest trees were so big around- they are the ones farthest away in this photo. 
last week, I rested under one for awhile, and it was almost overwhelming to look straight up and see just how far up it went.

 
I don't think there's any way I could get tired of a place like this.  Just green, lush beauty with rows of trees forever.  Being here reminds me of the way the trees lining old plantation drives make a canopy above.
Maybe not as manicured here, but definitely beautiful and like a dream to walk under and look up at their branches high above you and the sun streaming through.
 
One thing I thought was what a relaxing, heavenly place this would be to have a picnic!

Later on, I passed a beautiful bush with these sweet little periwinkle flowers.
And what a gift to have this amazing butterfly land right in front of me.  He fluttered around and landed on different flowers for a few minutes.  I kept trying to photograph him, but he opened and closed his wings so fast, my camera couldn't keep up.
But he was amazing to see so close, to admire his colors.
 
A few seconds later, a tiny lizard crawled up out of the bushes.  He was funny- he just stared at me for a while, then walked a few inches, stared again, then walked some more.
 
Just some sweet things from my day.
 
 
How was your day?
 
 
 
Have a wonderful evening!!  :)
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. It is so good to see a post up from you again, Jazzmin! What a lovely place you had to enjoy during your lunch time. I agree...it would be a beautiful place for a picnic!

    The butterfly is so pretty...glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That lizard bit was funny! A picnic here would be so nice! Where is this? I love those trees.
    And thanks for your post Jazzmin. They're always somehow stress-relieving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous day you had.... Isn't it fun to get out in nature. We have the little Periwinkle flowers --but ours is a ground cover (Minor Vinca).. Love those little blue flowers.

    I also love the big oaks you have... My brother (before he died) lived in Florida. There were some gorgeous big oaks in his area... It was so neat to see them...

    Hope today is as good for you.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely place to walk and enjoy God's beauty. Yes, a picnic under the big trees would be good...has your weather cooled off yet? We are still very hot.
    Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi beautiful friend! What a dreamy place for a picnic - I could easily spend the day there with my nose buried in a book :)

    The Lord has blessed us with such incredible beauty here on earth and it is a joy to be able to enjoy the simple things in this life.

    Thank you, Jazzmin, for sharing with us! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...