Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #6 {and the Sunshine Award!}


It has been a while since I had a chance to join in on the chat on the farmhouse porch, so I'm glad to be writing one!  Today I will be joining in and I am so excited.  I know it is Thursday and a couple of days after the chat, but I love these sweet chats and getting to read others.  I will just be a late comer for this week ;)

Here are the chat questions for this week!


QUESTIONS:

1.  Are you doing any crafts or DIY projects right now?
Lately, I have been working on fun seasonal crafts and adding things to our Autumn decorating for our home.  I have a lot of fun with it and just creating things that add a fun and cozy feel to the season.  Other than that, it has been fun to make jewelry and sew when I get the chance.

2.  If I could snap my fingers, I'd make                           for dinner.
A favorite and, in my opinion, the perfect addition to a good Southern meal...  macaroni and cheese.  And with it, some potatoes, chicken, biscuits and gravy.  Yum!  Maybe that's a lot to ask for out of just a snap though, hehe.

3.  What author would you like to have lunch with?  (It doesn't have to be someone living now.  Afterall, we could use a time machine!)
I love to read and love many authors.  My answer seems ironic because the author I choose is one who I have not actually read, but cannot wait to:  Margaret Mitchell.  I grew up with a special love and fascination with the film, Gone With the Wind, and I would love to talk about the South and all of the things that inspired her to write it.  I think it would be wonderful to get advice and inspiration in writing.  I also feel like someone who wrote such an incredible and moving story would have such beautiful knowledge to share and be interesting to talk to. 

4.  I wanted to tell all of you folks at chats                              .
That I love having these chats!  They bring me joy to be able to read the writing and ideas of other girls and ladies, and I have fun writing them, too.  I would also say thank you for sharing your answers because, of the ones I get the chance to visit, they are always so interesting to read.  And I have come to feel that I really have pulled up a chair on Ms. Patrice's farmhouse porch, enjoying a glass of tea and a breeze as we chat.

5.                             has been on my mind a lot lately.
Family and history.  I am so fascinated by the past and by our families who lived before us.  I often daydream about what living in days like the 1800's or early 1900's and would have been like, and what my family was doing all those years ago.  It is also so neat and a gift to see photos of my great grandparents in the 40's and earlier than that... there is something so interesting about getting to see the smiles and expressions of people I am related to but never got to meet and who never knew me.




Chats on the Farmhouse Porch are hosted by Patrice at her beautiful blog, Everyday Ruralty.
Click here to visit her blog, read her Chat, and even join in with your own!




For the second part of this post, I would like to thank my friend Kalin from her lovely fashion and modesty blog, Modesty is my Policy.  She has recently nominated me for a blog award called the Sunshine Award! 

Thank you, Kalin!  I am honored that you thought of me for this sweet award.  And I definitely recommend her lovely, vintage, modesty and fashion blog!


"Here is what the sunshine award means, "bloggers who positively and creatively
inspire others in the blogosphere." 
The rules are- thank the blogger who nominated you and
provide a link to her blog in your post, nominate ten bloggers of your
own for the Sunshine Award, then answer ten questions
on your blog.  Last, post the Sunshine Award button to your blog post.
Many of the questions are the ones Kalin answered in her own blog, but you can also make up your own, so I added a few different ones too...
1.  Do you prefer dogs or cats?
We have always had dogs, so I guess I would be considered a dog person.  I just love the energy of dogs we have had and their sweet demeanor and how they love to play.  But cats are so sweet too; I love all of the little wild kittens that live around us.
2.  What month is your birthday in?
January.
3.  Do you like the season you were born in?
Yes!  I love that I was born in winter.  I love to hear about how it was a cold, winter day the day I was brought home from the hospital, and I love it now because waking up on my birthday each year, it is a cozy feeling for it to be chilly outside.
4.  Do you enjoy sewing?
I love sewing.  I love thinking about all of the women before us who sewed all of the clothes for their families.  It inspires me to think of what sewing has meant to homemakers even centuries before us.  And I find it enjoyable, and a fun challenge, to see all of the pieces of a pattern fit together to make a beautiful piece of clothing. I would love to have more time to sew to get really skilled.
5.  Your favorite book series?
I have mentioned this before, but I have loved reading the Little House on the Prairie books.  I love the beautiful simplicity and style of Laura Ingalls Wilder's writing.
6.  Would you rather live in the past or future?
The past.  I watch dreamy, classic old movies and shows like "I Love Lucy" and think of how much more beautiful the world would be if we all still lived valuing the simple things.  I love the way they dressed, too.  Vintage, lovely, and feminine
7.  Are there any books you are anxious to read?
Gone With the Wind and Tuck Everlasting.
8.  What is your favorite thing about the current season?
Fall is a season of so many blessings.  There are too many things to choose.... wearing big, soft sweaters, baking and making pies for my family (I love the baking seasons!), crunchy leaves, and cool weather are all so wonderful.
9.  Something you enjoy doing to relax?
Sitting down reading a book or devotional, and having quiet time to sketch, especially with a cup of hot chocolate or tea- hot or sweet♥
10.  If you could have any job- one that exists in real life or not- what would it be?
Be a nature photographer.  People who can do that to make their living are truly blessed.  How wonderful it would be to sent to new and beautiful places and see all of that beauty and capture it.
Or go to children's hospitals and dress up as Disney characters... what a joy to wake up each day to go bring joy to those brave little ones.
Now, here are my nominees.  I am inspired by these ladies, and their blogs are the epitome of positivity in faith and life, a true addition of sunshine to my day as they post throughout the week...  I understand not everyone likes to do these types of posts and answer the questions, so please don't feel like you have to do a post if you are one of my nominees.  But please know that I truly enjoy your bright and lovely blogs and the kindness that comes through your words!
~ Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose
~Tammy from Simply Gratified
~Joy from Doodlebug
~Grace from His Daughter
~Jerralea from Jerralea's Journey
~Betsy from Joyful Reflections
~Mildred from Blackberry Lane
I hope y'all are having a lovely Thursday!
Blessings to you!





8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jazzmin... You are sweet to remember me --but I don't participate in blog awards anymore. I used to do all of this --but than just ran out of time to do it!!!! SO I got out of giveaways, awards, etc....

    But--I will answer your questions for you:
    1. I love both (had a cat growing up and had a dog when my kids were young)... Right now, we are struggling with a neighbor's continually barking dog... SO--I would probably choose a cat at this point!!!!!
    2. August
    3. Yes I like it ---but since we always take trips to celebrate my birthday these days, I'd prefer it were ANYTIME other than summer. I don't like to travel in Summer.
    4. Never learned (other than mending)--and never had any interest at all; My sweet mother TRIED to get me interested --but it never happened.
    5. I'm not much of a reader (never have been) --but will read lots of things about Genealogy or Health Issues (things I'm interested in).
    6. That's a hard one with those two choices... I don't always think it is smart to 'live in the past' ---but I will say that I have no interest in living in the future NOW.... Guess I'll just stay in the PRESENT.
    7. Got a couple of new books about my ancestors ( who lived in Williamsburg and Yorktown) many years ago...
    8. I'm doing a blog post about my love for Fall this next Monday... Check it out. Fall is my favorite season I think.
    9. Watching my backyard birds coming to the feeders; Hiking; Sitting by a waterfall; Just being out in nature period!!!!
    10. I'd love to be a Park Ranger at a National Park (when they are open!!!)--such as Yellowstone!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzmin, I enjoyed reading your answers to Patrice's questions this week. I so enjoy participating in that every week now! I especially liked your answer to #3. With you being from the South I can understand why you would like to have lunch with Margaret Mitchell, even though you've not yet read her writing yet She truly would be able to answer so many of the questions you must have. Her insight would be tremendous, I am sure.

    Thank you for nominating me for the Sunshine award. You are so sweet and thoughtful in doing so. I am going to need to pass on participating this time due to lack of time, but I certainly feel honored that you would nominate me. If I were participating you would be on my list! You truly are a blessing and encouragement to me in so many ways.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xx Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to number two sounds like heaven. Macaroni is one of my favorite foods. :)
    Have a blessed weekend, Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very nice blog! I like it! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very nice blog! I like it! = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chats on the farmhouse porch are always so delightful to read because I get to learn more about you, sweet friend :) Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to snap our fingers once in a while and voila, a meal is ready! Although part of the joy of eating is the joy of cooking.

    I am definitely with you and would LOVE to live in the past - oh how wonderful that would be! And Gone With The Wind is one of my very favorites :)

    Thank you, dearest Jazzmin, for the thoughtful nomination for the blog award - you are a doll! I pray you are doing well and may you have a blessed weekend.

    Love and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun post Jazzmin! I loved reading all of your answers. "I Love Lucy" is a fun show. Adam and I have watched several episodes over the past couple weeks.

    Researching family history can be so fascinating! We discovered some wonderful stories about our ancestors during the Revolutionary War.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you on the porch again! You are always a lovely addition to the chats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...