Saturday, October 12, 2013

Faithful Friday! {Nature's Example}

{photo}
I have always believed that faith is so connected with nature.  You look around you at all of the beautiful nature, from the glory of the scenery and sunsets to the sweet animals and other creations, and you feel a peace that can only be from the Lord.
 
Earlier this week, I saw the sweet graphic above, and I thought of it in terms of life altogether.
It was a reminder to me that sometimes we are so wrapped up in the fast pace of busy life, believing that we have to live at this pace to get everything done, when in truth we should stop and realize that God has given us an example of how we should take life at a slower pace...
 
What better example than nature did He provide for us to show us that if we just have faith, He will see to it that our needs are met and everything that truly needs to be done in our days will get done.
We don't need to live in haste and let the weight of things brings us down- because we have someone so much better and bigger to rely on than just ourselves!
 
In nature, we see this through so many things.
One of my favorites is the seasons- they come and go, but they are not rushed.  The seasons are spread out and they last a long time (thankfully, so we can enjoy them!), but what needs to be accomplished never fails to be done:  the changing of the seasons.  And the leaves don't worry about falling- they just do.
 
 
All of nature is the result of an amazing plan put into place by God... I am amazed at how everything in nature functions for purpose... from when I look at the glorious Oaks of the South providing homes to little creatures and shade to others, to when we visit out West and I see all of the majestic mountains giving homes to hundreds of types of animals, to the leaves dying in Autumn to allow a "clean slate" for the foliage to come in Spring.
 
I am amazed by the many lessons nature provides us- in faith and living, and living our faith, and even something as specific as a lesson in slowing down and trusting that we do not have to rely on ourselves to accomplish everything, but on faith and the Giver of faith.
 
 
 
 
God Bless you!
 
 
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
 
 
 
.          .          .
 
 
Faithful Fridays are hosted by Joy from Doodlebug!  You can read her faith-inspiring posts and visit her blog, here.
                                                      
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Jazzmin,

    I so enjoy your "Faithful Friday" posts! How lovely and inspiring!

    May you have a blessed weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Jazzmin, that I needed to remove my above comment. I misspelled your name and wanted it to be spelled correctly. :-) I love this post and your sensitivity to the many lessons we can learn about our Father and His love for us simply by observing nature. I especially like your comment that the leaves don't worry about falling, they just do. What a tremendous word picture you've painted, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite posts from you, Jazzmin....although, every post from you is my favorite! haha :) I love your thoughts on nature and the lessons we can learn from our Lord and Savior. Thank you, my friend, for teaching me the things of our Lord. You are a precious Sister in Christ.

    I hope your week is going well! Much love to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...