Saturday, October 5, 2013

Faithful Friday!

Happy Saturday!

It's a beautiful Saturday morning and another Friday got away from me yesterday, I still wanted to post my Faithful Friday today before it gets too late in the day.

Before I write more, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who read and commented on the post I put up last Friday.  It was something that was I had been looking forward to sharing and I was so encouraged by your comments and uplifting words♥


.          .         .

 
You may have heard this before.  I grew up with this instilled in me, and love it as the acronym JOY.  I love the word "joy", because of what it represents in faith and in life, and how fitting that living this way gives you a joy that you cannot find anywhere else than in giving of yourself and giving yourself to God...
 
Putting the Lord for first in your life and in everything you do.  Think of how you can please Him in your decisions and your actions and how you can draw closer to Him.
Remembering that others come before you... helping them, self-sacrificing for them, doing for them.
A wonderful way to put others first is to follow the example of Jesus in having a selfless attitude, giving of yourself and going out of your way to help others no matter what.
 
 
"In humility, value others above yourselves,  not looking to
your own interests but each of you to the interests of others"
-Philippians 2:4
 
 
 
And what J.O.Y. we can also give to God as he sees us living this way, and to others as we do things that can be a gift to them and their needs as a result of us living in a more selfless way.
 
 
 
God Bless you, & I hope you have a great weekend!
 
 
 
.          .          .
 
 
Faithful Fridays is hosted by Joy on her sweet blog, Doodlebug.  Click here to visit her blog and read her inspiring posts.
 
 
                                                        


5 comments:

  1. Great post, Jazzmin! A few years ago a speaker came and spoke at chapel at school about this. We were all given a magnet that says "I'm Third" and everyone had them on the outside of our lockers. It was a great reminder to put Jesus first.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jazzmin,

    I love the JOY acronym too. : ) My mom would often repeat the JOY acronym to my sisters and I as children. It is so very true.

    May you have a blessed LORD's Day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special post, Jazzmin. I love the verse in Romans about preferring others before ourselves, too. Life is really so much better when we do put others needs ahead of our own...and always comes back with joy being the end result. Oh...don't know if you found it or not, but I sent you an e-mail last evening to the address in your contact information. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetest Friend, this was a beautiful post and something we need to remember in our daily life. I have missed visiting your blog and I am hoping in a few days things will slow down. I am always refreshed and encouraged when I visit you. Thank you for being a radiant light for Jesus!

    Hugs to you!

    By the way, I LOVE the look of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post, friend. Always delightful to visit with you. I hope the week ahead is full of many blessings. Let me know if you make any of the recipes posted on Laura's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...